Sign in to follow this  
Guest YHC

Looking for Wall Words & Wall Art

Guest YHC

Could anyone show me where I can find a collection of Wall Words & Wall Art that I could buy. I'm wanting to expand my products and can't seem to find any CD packs that have the AI or EPS files.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a related question....I have seen both of the two mentioned sites and they are great for words/sayings, but what I really want to do is more of the graphics like you see on Etsy.  Things like trees, animals, etc. for children's rooms mostly.  I am really bummed today because I had found TONS of images I wanted to use on istockphoto, but unfortunately had not done my research about the prices.  I saw the "standard license" credits and thought it was a little steep (around $20 for each vector), but figured I could make that back in one sale, so not so bad.  THEN I started reading more and realized that to use these images for resale would cost 125 credits or around $175 per image!!!  Who in the world can afford to do this?  So, my question is, where do you find these beautiful trees, and cute images for kids rooms for vinyl wall art?  This is all very new to me, so please explain to me in VERY layman's terms! :thumbsup:  Am I doomed to using cheesy clipart?  I am not a designer so making them myself is probably out.

Thanks for any help.  I have been so excited about my new business and now am a bit discouraged.  I am hoping someone here can give me a ray of hope!

I am not a designer either,  I have had pretty good luck vectorizing images from a photo silhouette.  I took a digital picture of a wall hanging my nephew wanted to duplicate for his pickup truck window.  I had it held up against a bright sky and snapped the pic - this made the outline stand out against the brighter background of the sky.  Then I just vectorized it in my cutting program and it picked up all the details - I was proud of the results and it took less than 20 minutes to do the whole thing (I am s-l-o-w)

So I would suggest looking around for a tree like you have in mind - snap a high contrast picture and vectorize it yourself.  You can burn a lot of gasoline - pay for a nice digital camera and still not spend $175.00.

I vectorized the one I did with my cutting program - you can do the job with inkscape - and it is well worth learing how to do.  There are several tutorials posted on the forum - start with this one by tlzimmerman - it is very good - helped me.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,16381.0.html

-mike

Thanks so much!  Those are really great ideas and maybe I will be able to do just that once I get all my equipment and software and get trained on all of it.  :thumbsup:

Wow, I don't know why I didn't look before but I'm now finding a lot of clipart and vector images for commercial use available on Etsy!  Some of them may need some adapting because I'm not wanting to do more than 2 color overlays at least at first, but maybe this could really be helpful! Can anyone tell me if these are in the proper formats to work with in Corel Draw,etc?

Cute elephants http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42383958&ref=sr_list_9&&ga_search_query=clipart+commercial&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

chandeliers http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42382462&ref=sr_list_10&&ga_search_query=clipart+commercial&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Not sure if I'm right on this one but I think you would have to trace these files because they are just pictures. I would be interested to see if this person would sell the file in the format you need. You should convo them and see.

hmmm...these two both say .png format and I'm not sure what that is. (sorry, I'm new to all of this!)  One of the ones I saw said "PNG files can be used in simple programs such as MS Word or Publisher all the way through more complex software such as Adobe or Corel.

".

I do know I saw a lot more after this post that offered many different formats including EPS, which I think is the preferred format(??)

Any thoughts on the .png format?

Guest YHC

hmmm...these two both say .png format and I'm not sure what that is. (sorry, I'm new to all of this!)  One of the ones I saw said "PNG files can be used in simple programs such as MS Word or Publisher all the way through more complex software such as Adobe or Corel.

".

I do know I saw a lot more after this post that offered many different formats including EPS, which I think is the preferred format(??)

Any thoughts on the .png format?

In short the .png is a newer format of images that was to replace .gif files for websites. You can find more info on it here:  http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngintro.html.

.ai and .eps files are the preferred file formats for most I believe. If you do a search for the words "vector art" you would find allot of sites with images that can be used or easily traced.