bigf00t

Blade extending on its own

Hi, I'm a UK based owner of the Creation Ct630- I didn't actually get my item from UScutter but thought somebody may be able to help me anyway.

I have a couple of problems.

At first I was getting a lot of corners being pulled up when cutting (even at speed 10) So I got a clean cut 60 degree blade which still hasn't improved the the situation very much, although it is a little better (but at speed 10 I was hoping I would have no problems).

However, my biggest problem is that my blade now extends and retracts on its own during a job because the metal screwy part of the blade holder rotates on its own when the carriage is moving from left to right (when the blade is in the air, ie: when not actually cutting the vinyl but moving from one point to another).

Does anybody know why it would be doing this or how i could fix it?

I've currently got 8 pennies taped to the top of the metal screwy part to prevent it from twisting on its own and its working well so far. But not really a practicle long-term solution.

However even with my new cleancut 60 degree blade Its not closing cuts very well amd I'm often getting parts of my design not cut at all (sometimes even a straight line will have about a cm gap which just hasn't cut.)

I've got my offset at 0.47 which I believe is as high a it goes without disfiguring the design but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Any help?

first problem, there should be a lock ring on the blade holder to affix it once it has been set, hold both ends and screw that tight. if it isint there, then youll need to either get a replacment lock ring, of if you cant locate one, a replacment blade holder.

2nd problem, while i was reading it i was going to tell you to check your offset, but i see that youve been adjusting that already, so idk :thumbsup:

Whats a lock ring? How does it work? And why don't I have one?

I'm looking at replacememnt blade holders on ebay and they all look pretty much like mine. Can't see anything that mine seems to be missing.

that looks like mine. You adjust the depth with the very top part,then screw the brass ring all the way down to lock it.

AHAHAHA... Brilliant- I feel a right tool now.

I had no idea the brass part moved on its own- it was very tight up against the top and I assumed it was just joined.

Now- If I could just get the cutter to close my cuts properly I'll be set.

You might look in the instructional section of this forum  for the new bie manual.

Paco

AHAHAHA... Brilliant- I feel a right tool now.

I had no idea the brass part moved on its own- it was very tight up against the top and I assumed it was just joined.

Now- If I could just get the cutter to close my cuts properly I'll be set.

don't feel bad. They don't exactly come with good instructions. I just paid $1 for a digital egg timer that had better instructions.