prettybird

Need help please!! Jobs holding instead of cutting

Hi, I am using Flexi Sign pro 8.1 with a Seiki cutter.  It was working fine until this morning I tried sending a job to the Seiki and it says it's holding and won't send it.  I see under the general tab it's set itself to hold in list and the only other option is save to file.  I clicked on production manager and right clicked on my job on the list and clicked send and then it said setup inactive.

It was working fine yesterday.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have a bunch of items I need to get done today. I tried restarting Flexi and restarting my computer and it didn't help.  

I also have a Roland and I tried sending something to the Roland just to test and it goes through to the Roland.  Under the general tab the send now option is there but for the Seiki, the send now option is not there.

Please help!  Thanks!!

while ur in production manager, look on left side the second box under the material size, there should be another box that usually says send now. has it been change to hold list. if so, change it back.

then go to top where it says cut plot and properties, there r two gear icons, click the gears which will open another box, hopefull u will see ur job,hightlight it, then look at the icons above there, u will see a icon with green arrow, select that and it will release ur job to cut..

That's the problem, when I go to that box under where it says material size, the send now option is gone.  Only hold in list is there and save to file.  No send now option. 

look in your production manager,,  if you already have jobs there,that are not completed,  you need to delete them,  or it will not allow anymore.. it is probalby trying to still send the past ones you have tried to send,  mine has done that before

Guest fivestar

In production manager under setup make sure "make active" is checkmarked.

In production manager under setup make sure "make active" is checkmarked.

That was it.  Thank you, so saved my day!! ;D  I really appreciate it.

Guest fivestar

BTW, don't you have that SC-500 hooked up?  You can cut from it too.......Cuts excellent.

Yes I do have the SC-500.  I am still getting used to it.  I did try cutting from it when I couldn't get the Seiki to work but I think it's cutting too fast so I need to adjust it (don't know how yet) and it was having a motor error.  As soon as it finished cutting, it said motor error and made me turn off the machine.  It did that two times in a row as soon as it finished cutting.  Do you have any idea what causes that? 

Guest fivestar

No I don't know what caused that, but to turn the speed down there's a couple of different ways....when you go to cut/plot........go to the options tab and click "edit" middle left side, there you can adjust speed and pressure, or you can turn it off there and use the settings on the printer itself.