williamssignco

Registration Mark?

Guest debogus

But wouldnt you have to make one for each color then stack them or is there a way to add to the registration mark libray? or maybe just substitute whats there ?

But wouldn't you have to make one for each color then stack them or is there a way to add to the registration mark libray? or maybe just substitute whats there ?

I am not sure I understand your question.  But I will try and answer it anyway.  Yes you need reg mark to line up the different colors.  I do not like the reg mark in the software that I use, it is hard to weed.  I have been using a Arial Capital Letter T as a reg mark right now. I may try the star or diamond to see if it is better.  Thanks!!

I tend to use a diamond too. TBH as long as it is the same symbol on all layers/colours I don't suppose it really matters.

Guest debogus

That answered it .

So use whatever symbol instead of the registration  marks ,make one for every color.

This is a good idea, glad someone brought it up  ;D

That answered it .

So use whatever symbol instead of the registration  marks ,make one for every color.

This is a good idea, glad someone brought it up  ;D

make one that doesn't match any color, then cut it with each color, that way you know its in the same place every time

Guest debogus

Not sure how on flexi cloned VE

But from what I found works for my setup is say for three different colors use three different colored whatever shape then stack them ,then it will cut the "markers" along with each matching color .

If I used a 4th color instead, it wouldn't work like a registration and would act like just another color layer.

It only cuts all or one color.

Something about the registration cross hair  thing that it will cut that on every color with no extra steps

In flexi I just make my stars for registration marks and copy them, then paste over option as I paste over I change the color to one of the colors I am using.  also changed the default color selection in flexi to the Oracal colors - makes it easier when designing and cutting!

I don't understand why no one likes the flexi stock Reg Marks, they're great. Yeah you have to be careful when you weed them but if your doing multiple color they're prefect. You have 4 little triangles that make up the diamond. you remove a different triangle for each color. It may be that you ere not making your Reg marks big enough. I don't use the automatic registration marks in the Cut screen. I use the ones located in the Shape tool menu, then place them where I want a resize them up to about 5/8"

Kevin

Guest debogus

5/8" ? duh, that was kind of obvious now that I think about it , they probably do work bigger