Sign in to follow this  
Fooser

Creation PCUT Black row of Squares

I just got this P-CUT and I made a few signs that were small and cut them out but today I tried to cut a large sign and the cutter went in a slant to the other corner of were I set the origin then it stopped.  I waited a bit and it didn't do anything my computer said it was still sending info but it didn't do anything for ever and the cutter had these Black row of squares so I tried it again.  Got nothing and I've shut it off and turned it on I've rebooted I've checked the settings on the sign blazer but I keep getting an error

there should be a litle red button that the carriage is against. This is designed to stop the cutter if the carriage goes too far,so there won't be any damage done to the motor. Move the carraige manually away so it isn't pressing the button and all should return to normal.

Why the carriage went all the way, I suspect the size of your vinyl is set wrong.

Thank you I'll try that The vinyl I got was 24" but when it came it was only 23.65 wide so I thought I set things ok but I will check what you said.

John,

I hope some day there's a manual that explains the little red buttons. It's amazing how often this trips people up and how often you have to tell them what's causing their problem.

Thanks again I checked my settings and it doesn't seem like I'm off but I know if I hit cut again it will do the same thing would you know were I might check.

I'll have to defer this one to Ken,as I don't have a Pcut myself.(my brother does), He should be along any time. Check your software settings and make sure the vinyl size is not set higher than 24.

The PCut cuts from right to left, so start the carriage about an inch off the red button on the right hand side.