Sign in to follow this  
bwlee

Cutter cuts deeper on left side vs right side

My CT630 is cutting deeper on the left side compared to the right.. Do I need a new cutting strip?

If your cutter is new,  I would not imagine that you need a new cutting strip. Is the carriage head securely on the track?  Do you have your blade holder in the rear holder? 

Check your wheels, on your carriage to make sure they are seated properly on the front and back of both rails, they can dislodge in shipping. if they are fine check the next thing here.

I know this is a new machine, but take a ruler, preferably a machinist ruler that has very small graduations on it and measure the distance between the top of the cutting strip and the very bottom of the rail your cutter head rides on. Mine had shifted a tiny bit during either assy, or shipping. I had to pull the end cap off the left side and loosen a couple screws to get it to drop back down. and it was only of a fraction of a 1/16th".

This will also let you know if your cutting strip is raised up off the bed anywhere too.

Kevin

Mine did the same thing and what I did was take a block of wood, about 2"x4"x6", and placed it on the white cutting strip and hit is with a hammer, a lot. :thumbsup: I eventually got it evened out.

I don not think it was the cutting strip, I think it is the alignment of the top of the machine to the bottom. There is no adjustment there so you have to do what you have to do to get it to work.

Mine did the same thing and what I did was take a block of wood, about 2"x4"x6", and placed it on the white cutting strip and hit is with a hammer, a lot. :thumbsup: I eventually got it evened out.

I don not think it was the cutting strip, I think it is the alignment of the top of the machine to the bottom. There is no adjustment there so you have to do what you have to do to get it to work.

:thumbsup:;D ;D you've got to live close to me in mississippi! if it doesn't work, beat it some more ;D

Also press the cutting strip down all the way across - when I got my copam it was not evenly seated

try adjusting the amount of blade that is sticking through the cutting head.... it worked for me on my old roland cutter.