AlteredHope

going crazy with lines. Reponse ASAP.

First of all, forgive the tone of this message. I'm at my wits end with this machine and anything it has to do with it. I've got a show coming up in October, and problems with the machine isn't helping.

I bought my Copam thinking this would be a great starter machine. I've wasted more vinyl that I ever should have with this stupid thing. It has usb capabilities. So I SHOULD be able to use the USB to cut out things and make some money. Yet, I'm wasting more and more vinyl which is costing money. How can I make some money with this machine when every other graphic I try to cut out gets a large line through it? I have a laptop that I will be using to cut out my vinyl. I will NOT be going to a desktop (even though I have one) Just because this machine is having problems. It's not my fault that it doesn't stand up to what it's meant to do. These problems should be fixed. If not, shouldn't this be considered False Advertising? (Oh it has USB, (but in really small print,) it only works some of the time). I shouldn't have to buy something extra to make it work. Nor should I have to change to a desktop that has other ports than usb, just because of the issues. I don't, no let me say, I WILL NOT drag a desktop around to different shows with me when I don't have to. It's not economical, and just down right too big and takes up space. Space that I do not have.. well I may have the space if I can't get the cutter to cut graphics out, in order to make some things for my show.

((Communicates with the common ports (COM1-255/LPT/USB/TCP-IP/Windows drivers). Works with wireless communication if using a print-server. ))

I contacted support last week with two files that were having lines, only to be told that he thought the problem was the files. He changed settings on it, I even switched to SignCut thinking this would straighten out. He said he would call me back the next morning about the files I sent, Have I received a phone call? No. Have I received an email, or even a fix for the problem? No. Am I the only one having this problem? Apparently not. Should this be fixed? Yes, it's only in good business practice.

I just cut out this particular file, it cut out perfectly. I went back to cut another one, only to have it cut another stupid line through it. I then opened another clean artboard in Illustrator, and then did the graphic in this one. Saved the file as a different name. Cut it out. Another line.  This graphic was text, so it's not just "images" having issues.

I am NOT pleased with this machine. I've had nothing but trouble out of it since I've gotten it. I feel ripped off. I could have spent a little bit more money on something that wouldn't give me as nearly as much trouble. How do I get my money back? Or can I get reinbursed for the vinyl that I've spent my hard earned money on, only to be wasted. Good vinyl / Cheap vinyl. Doesn't matter. I still bought it, and it was still wasted. I'd rather NOT use the cheap vinyl to cut out one graphic, then put in the other vinyl and cut it. More than likely it will cut a nice, beautiful line through it.

Oh and by the way, I can cut these graphics out fine on my moms Cricut. With the same type of usb power cable =)  (Look Mom! No Lines!)

I think I deserve a response ASAP.

Sorry to hear your problem is still not fixed captonzoom.  AlteredHope I agree the USB issues are not what you should be getting after spending more money for an upgraded quality machine.  Do your cutters have a USB port? or are yours like mine - 1 db25 parallel port and 1 db9 serial port?  I hook mine through the LP1 printer port on my desktop and haven't had any problem with extra lines.  Mine is over 2 years old and I have cut a lot with it.  I have posted to several topics about this problem on the forum - my solution has been to suggest using the LPT1 - not an opiton for you it seems.  Wish I had experience with getting USB connections working flawlessly - no joy from me - Sorry.  Hope somebody on the forum can help you.

-Mike

Mars, thanks.

Mine has the USB. It also has the other ports, but when the description says Communicates with common ports... It should work with EACH PORT flawlessly. No questions asked.

I shouldn't, nor anybody else should have to change to a different port and different computer to be able to cut anything without any problems.

It shouldn't be advertised that it will work with USB, when it only works some of the time. It should be mentioned that it has problems, (other than the forums).

The problem isn't because of the ram speed of my computer either. I'm using a 6gb ram/500 gb hard drive gaming laptop. So the speed is there. And it doesn't have games on it either. I'm a web and graphic designer also, so I need the ram to run my programs.

I hate to say it but most of the time when the plotter is cutting lines, it is not the plotter...it is the software. I've owned five plotters from Refine, 2 Resail, Copam, and Graphtec. I ran Vinyl Master Pro 2.95v, SignCut X2,  and LXi 8.5v. It has always been trouble with the software transmitting the data. So check your software throughly and it is not the RAMS on the plotter.

I have Copam and Signblazer. Tried everything and finally resolved line cut by going to parallel port. Sorry.