tservice

pc cut 630 or sign blazer issue?

I have searched the forums but have been unable to find a related problem. The cutter is not completing cuts. New to this forum how can I post a pic of the problem? The incomplete cuts are huge not a small one.

Thanks

do you mean stopping before the cuts are finished,or not closing the cuts, meaning you can take an exacto knife and complete the cut by hand?

thanks John, not cutting over half of a letter. I was cutting a 2' by 8' section the letters that did not cut properly was in the middle of the sign. Sorry I am new to this field, currently I have a printing business on the side and looking for more income.

So my lack of terms may not be up to par.  It may be easier to post a picture I think that will clearify what I am tring to say. How can I post them?

Thanks

I think I get it now,but a pic would be helpful. Is it not making the movements to cut,or is the blade not dropping and cutting? To post a pic,click on additional options at the lower left,chose the pic,and upload.

here is what is happening. See how the UNDER  is and CARS $ TRACTORS are the d and e in under is bad and the $ and t in cars $ tractors.

Thanks for your time

post-1385-1298651284872_thumb.jpg

post-1385-12986512857768_thumb.jpg

That doesn't look like a software issue to me. I have had that happen a few times.but after I cut the machine off,reset, it cut fine. Have you tried dividing it up and cutting smaller panels?

Since I don't have a pcut I can't try to duplicate the problem. Both places,though,it looks like the blade didn't lift when it should have. This could be a grounding issue.

Maybe Ken can have a look,give his ideas.

I have powered the unit down, still same problem. I have not tried breaking it up in sections. Not sure how to go about sectioning it off.

when you go to cut,move the red lines,this will create separate tiles. I'm not in the shop,if you can't figure it out I'll do a screen shot in the morning.

I almost never attemp an entire sign in one cut. Usually, one line at a time,maybe two. I get less waste that way,and I have a LOT of 12 inch vinyl.

Sounds simple enough. I will give that a try. Still want to figure out why some of the cuts are screwed. Maybe Ken can shed some light on that.

I have not seen this issue yet, so I am not really sure. Could you post a copy of the file you were trying to cut and I can try and recreate the issue here?

Kenimes

Have you had a chance to reproduce my problem? I am having similar problems with another job with the addition that it will cut half the stop and sit there with waiting being displayed. And sometimes it will have the same problem as posted earlier. I am wasting alot of vinyl and still cannot complete any large job.

I am having this exact same problem on large cuts.  I am trying to cut an "83" for a race car.  Size is 18x30.  I have tried twice.  First time it cut most of the 8 and then quit.  Status bar in signblazer is moving, saying sending data, but pcut says waiting.  It does not go and signblazer actually freezes up.  I have to restart the computer to get out of it.  The second time I tried, it cut all of the 8, started the 3, and then froze, with the same situation as before.

This only happens on larger cuts.  6x6 cuts will cut all day long.  This is the second large cut I have tried and the same thing happened with it before.  I read all the posts here, uninstalled software, re-installed newest version from signblazer website, checked all settings and cables, etc.  I did finally get the first one to cut eventually (I think after 5 trys)..a BIG waste of vinyl.

So now, I having the same problem and wasting a lot of vinyl.  Please help.  It is very frustrating as we cut this cutter mainly to do our race car numbers.  Thank you.

I have not been able to recreate the issue here on my Refine, and I have not had the opportunity to try it on a PCut. Hopefully will be able to try a PCut this week. Maybe try changing the Baud rate on the cutter and in the software to see if it helps.

Kenimes,

I tried changing the baud rate on the cutter and in the software.  It didn't help.  Now it only cut out the inner circles of the "8" and then quit.  Signblazer goes to "not responding" and you can't even get out of it - you have to do a full restart of the computer (which it does everytime this happens).

I think I have tried everything short of changing out the USB cable that came with the machine.

Do you have any other suggestions?

change the USB cable. THis has solved issues like this before. People do get bad ones occasionally.

Also, have you tried the cutter on another computer? You could with the free trial to SignBlazer. It sounds like a software issue to me, and either the computer is freezing because of other programs conflicting with SBE, or there might even be a computer problem. The only way to know for certain is to try another computer.

Ok, went and bought new USB cable.  First cut worked perfectly, then it started doing it again.  It gets about 3/4 of the way finished in the design and then just stops.  Thank you for the help BannerJohn, thought we had it with the first cut, but I celebrated too soon.

I don't think this is a computer issue.  I bought a brand new computer just to run the cutter.  The only program installed is SignBlazer.  I am running Vista and have only had problems on large designs.

This is puzzling.  Like I said, it will cut small designs perfectly 6x6, 10x6, a strip of 3 designs 6x23.5.  It just will not cut the bigger ones consistently.  I have tried to cut this "83" out 9 times...so far I have 2 perfect and 7 that are trash.  I have to get 4 more good ones...I have a long way to go and a lot more wasted vinyl if I can't figure out why it's doing this.

it sounds to me like either a communication or memory issue. Unfortunately,I don't have a p-cut (my brother does) so I can't do any tests. I do know that I have only had this problem once on the refine,and it was a large cut. I tried deviding it into 2 panels,cutting each separately,and it wortked fine.

One thought...have you tried re-setting the cutter between cuts? THis should clear the memory if it is a memory issue.

Ken...if I had a  p-cut out here I could be a lot more help..Ken...hint hint....JUST KIDDING!!! I'll get one eventually. 2 cutters already and I'm maxed out for space.

wait a sec....I just had a thought (ouch)...if it cut fine after you replaced the cable, this says something. I assume you turned it off,back on again. Try doing this after every cut.See what happens. Post. I'll put my Mr Wizard thinking cap on.

Banner John..thank you very much for your help.  I had that same thought and have already tried that.  Once again, I celebrated too soon.

Here is what I have done:

1.  Turn off puter and cutter.

2.  Installed new USB cable.

3.  Turned on puter, then cutter, then start SignBlazer, open saved design, cut.  Beautiful!  Worked perfectly.

4. Hit cut again on the same design.  It started cutting and then stopped with about 97% of the way done.  (this is just a simple 2-digit number, size: 18x30).

5.  Shut everything down.  Turned everything on and started up in the same sequence as in #3 above.  Guess what.. another perfect cut.  Yeah, I thought I'm onto something here.  Shut down and restart.  Its a pain, but I can live with it.

6.  Ready for next cut.  Shut down and restart as above.  It starts cutting and stops about 85% complete.  Said a few choice words and shut it off.

Haven't tried again.  Don't know what to do.

You mentioned reset..I will try that.

Thanks again.  These boards and community are wonderful.

P.S. Ken, Send BannerJohn a Pcut - I need the help..and I'm NOT KIDDING.  ;)

Happy Dance going on here.  I just got 4 of them cut without any problems!!!!!  BannerJohn, you're a genius.  (maybe I owe you the PCut).  Thank you, Thank you.

It seems the trick is RESET.

In between cutting each design, I would hit reset.  Each one cut great, 4 in a row.  I really hope it wasn't a fluke and this is all you have to do.

Thanks for taking the time to help BannerKINGJohn and Ken.  Much appreciated.

DJ

stupid question, but by reset do you mean power off pcut or pressing the reset button btweeen each cut? And do you think the change out of the usb cable played any part?

Thanks