Inkables

Layered Vinyl on Windows and Racecars

I have learned from all of you vinyl guru's that I need to use Oracle 651 for car windows and racecars.  If I am going to do a multi-color logo, do you layer it all together with wet application before applying to surface or layer while applying to surface?

The best and easiest way is to layer on the substrate.  You'll find that you will have less trouble than trying to layer on the vinyl before it's applied.

I did a five layer decal and did it before applying to vehicle. Dry. go to youtube and look for layered vinyl.

For me it mostly depends on the size, if its small stuff I will do it before applications, if its large stuff I will do it on the substrate.

:thumbsup:

Thanks to all those that responded.  This has reflective vinyl involved.  I have read not to use wet application for reflective vinyl.  Can anyone explain why you shouldn't?  If any of you that are veterans at applying vinyl to vehicles and would be willing to exchange a few emails about this whole project, I would love to hear from you.  Send me an email at inkablesolutions@sbcglobal.net.  Thanks!

.......I have read not to use wet application for reflective vinyl.  Can anyone explain why you shouldn't?  ........

I am a bit of a newb so may be wide of the mark, but I understand that the moisture causes reflective vinyl to de-laminate.