DescineModern

My Descine Modern Logo w/ Oracal 8500 Transparent Vinyl

;)

I got a sample of Oracal 8500 Transparent Vinyl today and I gotta say - this stuff is great! I plan on doing some art pieces with it on acrylic. I had to test it out...

Let me know what you think!

Here's a video of it on a window in my room!

post-4581-12986534776314_thumb.jpg

post-4581-12986534787634_thumb.jpg

post-4581-12986534812594_thumb.jpg

post-4581-12986534814288_thumb.jpg

post-4581-12986534829026_thumb.jpg

post-4581-12986534829661_thumb.jpg

looks like you are off to a great start. ;)

bb

looks like you are off to a great start. ;)

bb

Thanks Cutme. The only thing thats got my head fubar, is getting the right pressure and blade for 631. hahaha... either the backing comes off or it doesnt come off at all.

Guest kenya

That 8500 it so neat to work with. I like it....... what font did you use?  ;)

I struggled for awhile until I figured out the correct pressure...... 651 weeds like a dream when it's right.

That 8500 it so neat to work with. I like it....... what font did you use?  ;)

I struggled for awhile until I figured out the correct pressure...... 651 weeds like a dream when it's right.

Hi Kenya,

I drew my company fontface in illustrator with my wacom tablet. Ya I can weed 651 and 631 great but, taking 631 off the backing is the killer. haha What type of cutter do you have and what pressure setting are you on? JW

I have a P-cut and I use a 45 degree blade and 100 pressure with 651/631. Blade depth is also critical. Usually just about a half a credit card thickness is a good starting point. Just play around with the depth pressure settings and get a system down.

Nice looking font by the way.

I have a P-cut and I use a 45 degree blade and 100 pressure with 651/631. Blade depth is also critical. Usually just about a half a credit card thickness is a good starting point. Just play around with the depth pressure settings and get a system down.

Nice looking font by the way.

Thanks - btw what type of application tape do you use? and does the 631 come off the backing easily for you?

Looks great! I have the mh-721 and my pressure is set at 90. When I first got my cutter I would cut at 60 but something happened? Now it does great at 90. I have problems with the dark colors on the 631.

Christi