sarconastic

Roll Vinyl Calculator

You can put whatever materials you want in it. It just automatically calculates the cost by the size of decal/sign etc your using. You put in the cost you pay for a roll, and the dimensions of the roll, like 24" x 10 yds, and it calculates the cost per square inch, foot and yard.

kevin

You can put whatever materials you want in it. It just automatically calculates the cost by the size of decal/sign etc your using. You put in the cost you pay for a roll, and the dimensions of the roll, like 24" x 10 yds, and it calculates the cost per square inch, foot and yard.

kevin

Sarconastic.. Awesome

vinlycal.jpg

Got a couple of questions?

On your Last 2 cells #color layers and Total Cost?

# color layer = is this for one color only and if the customer want multiple items cut?

Total Cost = Total Cost of what? per inch? Not understanding

First off let me clarify one thing. the user has to enter the First 6 columns "Name of roll Color Supplier Width (in) Length(yds) Cost of roll This data is then converted into the Cost per whatever. Once you enter your inventory. you can use the last 4 columns to get your information. You enter the length and width of your decal and the number of layers. it then tabulates the cost of the decal for you. If your using multiple colors or types.You can enter all of them on teh right, including your app tape and get a complete cost of materials summed up at the bottom of the table.

# of color layers, is the number of layers that you will use for color. Example if your decal is 2' square your dimension would be 24" x 24", it will then take that dimension and multiply it to get 576 square inches of material for one layer. If the decal is 2 layers, and your using the color uniformly across the whole decal, you can put a number 2 in this box and it will give you the cost of materials for that 1 decal with both colors. If you are say making the same decal and the second color is only covering half the decal, then you could put in 1.5 to get a correct materials calculation.

The final total is the dollar amount that you have invested in the materials. This is based off of the data you enter in the roll dimensions and costs of rolls. This stakes the number of square inches in based on the Length and width, then multiplies it by the "Cost Sq in" to give you a dollar amount. Using line one of your table I'll break it down for you.

it takes  12" x 12" == 144 sq in. it then takes 144 x "Cost Sq in" which is .00243 which equals $.34992 per layer. you then have 3 layers, so it triples this which totals to $1.04976. the program rounds it off and you have you cost for that part of the decal.

You would also want to figure your cost for your application tape as well, to get a true estimate. You can enter any roll stock into this table and use it to calculate expenses. This is meant to be a tool to help people figures estimates. and to do a proper estimate you have to know what you have invested in materials. A prime example would be that you normally use Oracal 651 for most decals. You get a nice Commercial vehicle job and need to buy what the customer wants 3m cast vinyl. Your Oracal runs you $23 a roll, the 3m runs $90. That's more than three times the amount. SO if you bid a job not knowing the cost of this stuff and being able to figure it you will lose your butt on that job. The 3m costs you about $1.50 a square foot where the Oracal is only $.35. on an 8 sq ft job that's $36 for the 3m and $8.40 for the Oracal.

Hop that helps.

Kevin

Thanks a ton for all the hard work.  I know this is going to be one of my handiest resources!  :thumbsup:

Sarconastic,

This is super  ;D ! It takes the pricing "quandry" down a peg for those of us who; like me, already struggle to know where to put pricing. Great job and thanks for sharing!  :thumbsup::lol::D

Z

PS:

I have a basic understanding of creating spreadsheets and feel pretty sure that this could also be used to track/update inventory by adding a few cells with the proper functions embedded in them. I may play around with it when I have time just to see what I can come up with. Thanks again so much!

I whipped that out one evening in about an hour, I have always intended to go back and make it forms based, but haven't had the time to get back to it. Feel free to work with it and we could collaborate on it. I'm pretty good with the formulation side of things.

I wanted to do something that is more Access database based, but a lot less people have that software since it's not part of the Office Basic installation.

Kevin

Guest manwayvan

I am working on a visual basic program for vinyl calc and mark up. It is going to be laid out just like signexpert's free calculators.. The problem I am running into is I do not know the calculations that they are using for the mathematics. If someone could provide me with industry markups or something like that then I can have us a program that will do invoicing, quotes along with pricing for each substrate material.

I am working on a visual basic program for vinyl calc and mark up. It is going to be laid out just like signexpert's free calculators.. The problem I am running into is I do not know the calculations that they are using for the mathematics. If someone could provide me with industry markups or something like that then I can have us a program that will do invoicing, quotes along with pricing for each substrate material.

I've got something worked up like your thinking. ?!?

Take a look at this, it's just a cheesy thing I made one night, but it works just like the Sign Cac website one. EXCEPT: the extra colors, I trying to get my math figured out...  :bear:

FunctionSignCac.zip

FunctionSignCac.zip

• Like 1

You may want to go in and check your Banners calculator, it says banner size in inches, but a 120" (10 ft) x 48" (4 ft) banners costs $28,800.

I am thinking it wants feet. it comes out correct if you input the feet values.

Kevin

Jeffrey06... nice little program you put together. Just curious, how did you come up with your vinyl/material prices?

For my area, the RTA prices were quite low.

I made my own excel spreadsheet to calculate the vinyl cost and tape cost. Then I based my pricing off the the sign calculator website. It's still needs alot of work.

It's basically a program to give you a good idea of what it's costing you.

sarconastic :

Let me check that out..  :thumbsup:

THANKS Sarconastic, I had no idea my gun barrel decals were only costing me .08 cents to make, i was way off at .35 for materials, vinyl and tape. I am alot happier now, You Rock.  :thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Klattin3

Guest manwayvan

I've got something worked up like your thinking. ?!?

Take a look at this, it's just a cheesy thing I made one night, but it works just like the Sign Cac website one. EXCEPT: the extra colors, I trying to get my math figured out...  ;)

Looks Good man.. What did you program in? Basic.  I finally figured out sign calcs rta math

Mikerob3344,  I'm from Brandon, Ms.  Opening a store in pearl.  The Stitchin' Post.

Where RU located in Ms.  Would love to get together and brain storm.  PT

Awesome tool, just input all my vinyl and did a trial run, works so well.

A little thing that may help, maybe add a box for a "hourly charge" that we charge for prep, cutting, weeding, and installing?

Awesome tool, just input all my vinyl and did a trial run, works so well.

A little thing that may help, maybe add a box for a "hourly charge" that we charge for prep, cutting, weeding, and installing?

Bump.

I'm working on a new program right now.

Looks promising. I'll be releasing in the next few days. It's been working well for me atleast.

Thank you so much for these calculators.  Takes the guess work out of it.  I do have one question on the last calculator.  What is the final Total Ext?

Thanks again,

Barb

Here is one i just finished up. Its more on the Quote/Invoice type sheet that breaks everything down(Limit to 10 colors, so it all fits on one page). the multiplier section is for if you are doing multiples of one color, ie: race car numbers. The only thing i didn't do was set up for the cost for the vinyl/ sq. ft. the app tape is based off of a $75 price. The tax and preparation fees are a rough idea, i just had to throw some numbers in there. Enter in all you fields, change the footer and its your personal, or customer quote sheet.

Thanks,

J3werks, Custom Graphics and Signs

Blank Calc usc.zip

Blank Calc usc.zip

• Like 1