I am very new to all of this. The question that I have is how do you take a jpg or giff and convert it so its compatible with signblazer? What I am trying to do is copy a logo then import it to signblazer. Then I want to separate the image by colors. I have already done it by doing monochrome, and then verterize but that will not get the images with straight lines nor will it look acceptable. If there is another program out there that I need to use first then open in signblazer please let me know. Also if the pro version of signblazer will do it let me know.

I tried inkscape. but my issue is what are the steps? What I want to do is take an image with maybe 2-4 colors and separate the image so that when I sent to the cutter it will cut the different colors then I will overlay the image.

Please give me the steps or an example. If its easier I can be reached by phone. Please email me and then I will give my contact number.

Inkscape will only do b&w. If you want color, you need to try VectorMagic.com.

They will give you 2 freebie conversions.

I am able to take my color images and vectorize them in Inkscape. When you click on the conversion menu (cant remember what it is called) you get a pop up window with some radio buttons and a preview, play around with those until you hone in on what you want. I am not an Inkscape user, I downloaded it specifically for use as a vector tool. It is always a trick to get the vectors that SB can read in properly. Many images I put in to SB directly, I monochrome them and vectorize with in SB, SB does a decent job of single color vectoring.