TLE

Vista 64 bit drivers help

I have a copam cutter I got like 5 months ago because I had vista 64 bit on my computer I had to use a old computer with xp because us cutter and I could not get the drivers to work.Now I need to use the new computer is there any updates for the drivers.please help stuck and don't want to buy an other old computer and now I can't use the cutter.

I realy wish us cutter would let you know what systems don't work with the cutters.Is there any cutter that might work and then I will sale this one and get that one Thanks

Do you know if us cutter takes trade-ins.

I do not think we take trade-ins. What the issue here is: Vista 64-bit.

Would be nice if Microsoft did not shove a crappy OS down the throat of consumers knowing damn good and well that it sucks, and has not been tested with the majority of drivers out on the market before releasing it. A simple ploy to get you pissed off enough to buy their new OS- nothing more, nothing less.

Instead of the heartache- if you rely on your cutter: get a computer with an known good OS without driver issues, or a desktop 64-bit Vista unit that can take a PCI 9-pin Serial expansion card.

I have a Copam 2500, Signcut on a desktop w/ XP for 2yrs, everything been running Great, so Great had not had time to visit the forums, until now, I bought a laptop w/ Vista and can't get signcut  or Copam cut.. am I up the creek w/out a paddle? or is there drivers available now..

thanks in advance

Greg

I have a Copam 2500, Signcut on a desktop w/ XP for 2yrs, everything been running Great, so Great had not had time to visit the forums, until now, I bought a laptop w/ Vista and can't get signcut  or Copam cut.. am I up the creek w/out a paddle? or is there drivers available now..

thanks in advance

Greg

I assume you are using the USB cable to connect the cutter to your new Vista computer? Is this a direct USB, or the older Serial to USB adpator? Either way, are the drivers being found by Vista, and has the connection been assigned a COM port # in the Ports category of your Device Manager?

I'm using the the older serial to USB adaptor that came w/ the Copam , I tried to install the drivers per the instructions that came w/ the Copam, and used the mini disc, window didnot reconize the drivers and the COM ports are not showing up in the ports catagory, only LPT1

Guest sciondrgn

So the best OS is xp for a cutter?

Henry

Yes Windows XP works great with any model of the cutters USCutter sells...

I have gotten my PCUT to work on Both 32bit and 64bit Vista but with 64 its a bit sketchy and sometimes worked and sometimes didnt..

thanks in advance

Greg

It is possible that the drivers for that older type of communication cable do not support 64bit, so you might have to get a 3rd party Serial to USB adaptor cable with 64bit driver support.

thanks Ken, I will try that, until then I will continue using my desktop w/ XP which works Great! just wanted the option to use the laptop if possible.

It is possible that the drivers for that older type of communication cable do not support 64bit, so you might have to get a 3rd party Serial to USB adaptor cable with 64bit driver support.

Here is a adapter that states that it 64-bit compatible. Hope this helps.

Serial to USB Adapter.

Another Serial to USB Adapter.

Another solution that I use is to install microsoft virtual pc on the machine running 64 bit vista, then install xp pro into it along with any needed programs, connect the cutter to a serial port, and then have the two "machines" networked together.  It is a perfect solution for me.  Microsoft virtual pc is a free download from microsoft.

D

I just got a new USB to Serial port adpator that's says it works w/ Vista, just loaded and it created a COM 4 port, I know CoPam / sign cut says use COM 3,  I'm not a t the cutter now,  does anyone know it may work on COM 4?

It will work with whatever COM port # Windows assigned to the connection....

I know this is a bit of a dated discussion but I have managed to get my new Copam CP-2500 to work on 2 computers with Vista 32 and 2 Laptops with Vista 64.  I'm using the new USB port on the Copam and SBE.  I had to play with the installation order to get it to work correctly.  Here is the order that I performed the installation in order to get it working on the 64 Bit Vista laptops:

• DO NOT PLUG THE CUTTER INTO THE COMPUTER UNTIL THE FINAL STEP
  • Install SBE from the disk provided by USCutter
  • Follow all the steps listed throughout the installation
  • Install the FTDI Copam USB driver from the download section here: http://www.support.uscutter.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view
  • Restart the computer
  • Connect the Copam to the computer using the provided USB cable (Or purchase a new one)
  • Windows will show the "Found New Hardware" dialog followed shortly by one that says "Your new device has been installed and is ready to use"
  • Go into Control Panel and then Device Manager and double click the USB Category
  • Double click the new Serial to USB link (can't think of the exact name of it) and get your port settings (Even though you are using a regular USB Cable it still says Serial to USB on all of my computers)
  • Open SBE and Select Cutter -> Then select Settings
  • Change the cutter port to the one listed (Usually listed as 'Blazer USB' followed by the number)
  • Save the settings and you should be ready to cut

Using these exact steps was the only way I was able to get it going on my 64 Bit Vista Laptops.

Hope this helps someone!

When i got my Copamm 2500 in Feburary my computer had Vista. Could not get it to work. Removed Vista and Installed XP PRO. Now running like a champ. I also got my other equipment not Vista compatable working again. :thumbsup: