Sign in to follow this  
veddderman123

Inconsistence cuts with pcut?

Does anyone else get inconsistant cuts?  What I mean is I'll lay out a project, cut it and wow!  It cuts perfectly, it weeds totally smooth and easy, everythings like a dream!  Then literally 5 or 10 minutes later (no adjustments) I'll cut the same project again for more copies and then it will cut like complete crap.  It will do one or all of the following: jumping/dragging blade, peeling corners, and weeding will be difficult because cuts aren't deep enough. 

Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?  One minute I'm SUPER stoked it's working so good then the next minute I want to throw the thing out the window.

I had this happen today in fact.  Took the blade out and there was a peice of vinyl stuck to the blade.  I try to clean my blade with alcohol every few days to make sure it isn't clogged up with glue from the vinyl. 

Another problem I had was the cutter reset to the default pressure.  I had it set at 120 and it went back to something else.  Now I double check every time to make sure it is set correctly.  Just a thought.

I had the same issues, but keeping the blade clean and checking the default pressure took care of the issues, it may be a pain to do the checking every time, but it will save material and cash for you in the long run !

GREAT advice I'll stay on top of that.  And sure enough there was muck on the blade.  Over all I'm pretty happy with the pcut.  It's just the over all learning curve and getting used to a new cutter that I've gotta get past.  Once I'm past it, she'll be smooth sailing.

do we ever stop learning?? i think, but for this forum, there would be a lot of cutters sitting idle due to lack of helpful people giving free advice. :)

SOME TIMES THE VINYL GETS PUSHED UP AWAY FROM THE CUTTER STRIP BECAUSE OF THE PINCH WHEELS.AND CAUSES THE CUT TO BE INCONSISTANT WITHIN THAT CUT . IT WILL DO IT WITH SOFTER VINYL.WATCH THE PROCESS THE NEXT TIME YOU CUT,AND SEE IF THATS THE PROBLEM.MAKE SURE THAT THE VINYL IS LAYING TOTALY FLAT AFTER DROPPING PINCH WHEELS.