Guest sciondrgn

Sunie Heat Press Ordered

Guest sciondrgn

Ok well i went ahead and ordered it.. I got the Sunie 15x15 and a Teflon sheet. Would i need more than one or will one be good?

Also i know these things are spread all over the forum but where is the best place to get t-shirts and what kind? and the heat press vinyl and what kind?  Keep in mind I mainly do mine as a hobby since I work full time so I do not have a business license to get any wholesale accounts?

Any suggestions?

Thanks  :huh:

Congratulations on your purchase! I really like my Sunie 15x15.

I bought two teflon sheets, but find I only use one (so I guess I have a spare). :huh:

As for where to buy shirts and what kind of vinyl to get...I'm sure you are going to get tons of responses.  I personally use jiffyshirts.com mainly, but will probably also hook up with broderbros.com.  For heat press vinyl, I use Siser Easyweed.  I really like it!  I'm going to be trying out some Thermoflex Plus here shortly as well that I got as a sample.

Happy pressing!

COOL :huh:- I ordered one as well and is shipping next week.  I ordered 2 sheets but I guess I only need 1.  I am new to all this as well and learning.  I ordered some shirts from Jiffyshirts and they came FAST and from all the searching I did, they were the best priced.  Good luck!!  I have Easyweed coming and also trying HotFix PVC.  We will see. I am looking forward to doing my first shirt ;D- Soon I hope!!

Guest sciondrgn

Congratulations on your purchase! I really like my Sunie 15x15.

I bought two teflon sheets, but find I only use one (so I guess I have a spare). :huh:

As for where to buy shirts and what kind of vinyl to get...I'm sure you are going to get tons of responses.  I personally use jiffyshirts.com mainly, but will probably also hook up with broderbros.com.  For heat press vinyl, I use Siser Easyweed.  I really like it!  I'm going to be trying out some Thermoflex Plus here shortly as well that I got as a sample.

Happy pressing!

Thanks! I remember seeing the jiffyshirts site before.. What brand would you recommend? I know personally I wear Russell T-shirts, I find them to be the most comfy. That place has so many shirts its crazy.. I see the normal FoL, Gildan and a few others ive heard of but what would be best? I see the 50/50 blends and 100% cotton blends, Which one works best with pressing?

I bought a Sunie 15x15 and loveit. Ive been useing Thermoplex plus and like it alot. Its got a real soft feel to it. Im ordering 200 shirts from jiffy after doing alot od research on the lowest price. Ive found lower prices but jiffy gives the bulk discount and free shipping which works out cheaper. Have fun with the press and always remember..............MIRROR the image. I cant seem to get that through my thick skull

Guest sciondrgn

Thanks everyone I cant wait to get going..

On the shirts what brands do you guys typically use? Im seeing the Fruit of the Looms and like those but for just basic t shirts is going to the higher weight better?

Ive read that alot of people go with the gilden 5000 100% cotton and i believe thats what im gonna purchase 200 of. I think there 5.4 oz

I wish I was sunie! He/She is gaining reputation.

I have a sunie too. Worls like a champ.

Chad, you do wesome work, I cant wait to see your shirts.

Joe

Guest sciondrgn

I wish I was sunie! He/She is gaining reputation.

I have a sunie too. Worls like a champ.

Chad, you do wesome work, I cant wait to see your shirts.

Joe

Thanks Joe! Regardless what your name is I still love ya!    :huh:;D

Guest sciondrgn

Just ordered a roll of black and a roll of white Easy Weed to try out  15x5yds.. Ive heard The Siser and The joto stuff but I think the Siser will be a better fit for me costs wise.. We will see how it works out though!

LOL Thanx MD  :huh:

I think I should have said sunie is gaining reputation AND money $$$, thats why I said it, lol.

Joe

Guest sciondrgn

LOL Thanx MD  ;D

I think I should have said sunie is gaining reputation AND money $$$, thats why I said it, lol.

Joe

I know im just messing with ya :huh:

Guest sciondrgn

So what kind of prices do you guys normally charge for tshirts? I think im going to use those gildan 5000's.. I will use some existing tshirts I have here to practice on but for ordering shirts and things Im not sure what to cahrge

I charge

$12 for text shirts (1 or 2 lines).

$15 for graphic shirts (my designs).

$17 for graphic shirt with custom designs

$20 fo complex custom designs (more than one color or difficult weeding).

Joe

Guest sciondrgn

I charge

Joe

Awesome Joe! Thanks.. Would would you charge for something like With text or small graphic on the front and larger graphic/text on the back.. 

So what kind of prices do you guys normally charge for tshirts? I think im going to use those gildan 5000's.. I will use some existing tshirts I have here to practice on but for ordering shirts and things Im not sure what to cahrge

A great marketing idea for you would to use http://www.platinumsportswear.net/index.html  and then brag about how the shirts are made in Georgia.  At least that's where their office is, might want to confirm the plant is there too.

My brother lives in Atlanta so I'm down there a few times a year.  I know how Georgians love Georgia.

Guest sciondrgn

A great marketing idea for you would to use http://www.platinumsportswear.net/index.html   and then brag about how the shirts are made in Georgia.  At least that's where their office is, might want to confirm the plant is there too.

My brother lives in Atlanta so I'm down there a few times a year.  I know how Georgians love Georgia.

So true, Im down in macon about 2 hours south

I charge

Joe

Awesome Joe! Thanks.. Would would you charge for something like With text or small graphic on the front and larger graphic/text on the back.. 

$17 to $20

I ordered a mix of shirts from JiffyShirts and I like the Gildan 5000 best.  I have not pressed to it yet but over all feel and size and fit.  They seem nice!!  And the price is nice!! :huh:

Good Luck...

Guest sciondrgn

I ordered a mix of shirts from JiffyShirts and I like the Gildan 5000 best.  I have not pressed to it yet but over all feel and size and fit.  They seem nice!!  And the price is nice!! :huh:

Good Luck...

Yeah thats what I was thinking..  Its a little cheaper than the 8000's but I would just want to know what the difference is.. Any pro/cons to 100% or 50/50

100% cotton shrinks.  Even when they say it's preshrunk!

I personally wash and dry all my 100% cottons before pressing them.  It ensures better adhesion and it will be shrunk before the graphic is on.  Nothing worse than graphics that don't lay flat because the shirt shrank.

Plus, I prefer the feel of 100% cottons over 50/50.  Of course, now I really prefer the feeling of bamboo shirts from http://www.onnotextiles.com

Guest sciondrgn

Thanks Dan, Yeah I guess its a matter of preference as from what I'm reading both worth well with heat pressing the vinyl. The 50/50's are a little more expensive it seems but I guess I can also offer that.  What i may do is order a couple of each and try them both out :lol:

Ohh also my order has updated to Shipped! WOOO!!  :thumbsup:

Guest sciondrgn

Does anyone know if ordering Direct from Sunie when it ships do you get a tracking #?

Im anxious  :thumbsup:

OK,

Couple replys-  I just received my Heat press (sunie) yesterday via Fed Ex.  They did give me a tracking number a day or two after I placed the order. 

As for shirts, I washed my new Gildans last nite (no vinyl on it) a Medium and a Large.  I dryed them on HEAT and I got to say they did not shrink too much.  I was impressed I guess.  They seem nice.  But, I have not put the vinyl on it yet. and the real test will be that and wear and wash a few times.  Overall, so far, i like.  :thumbsup:

Like I said, i got the heat press yesterday. A couple question for others that have one???

It appeared nice out of the box, no dings in box or nothing. It was a little dusty but I cleaned it all up.

I ordered 2 Teflon sheets as well.  SO, what should I do before I use?  Run it for a while?  I have read they stink at first??

Do I need to clean the top or bottom plates at all so it does not dirty the shirt?  or should I use a Teflon sheet on the top and bottom???

I guess I just need to start testing and experimenting!!    :thumbsup:  Unfortunately, my computer went wacko yesterday :'( so i need to get a new one, so I will be waiting a bit to cut some vinyl!!  Oh well-