Sign in to follow this  
splash0321

Advice please..Do I need a Large press? Need an 11x17 transfer printer too!!

I'll start off by saying thanks for all the helpful advice I have gotten so far.

I have come up with t-shirt designs that have text running vertically almost the entire length of a shirt. I am a noob so im not sure if buying a 15x15 press and pressing the top half, then the bottom half would be wise....should I just suck it up and buy a 16x24?..what size would you recommend? The designs are similar to the shirt below (text size would vary but thats the basic idea). I dont want to get into spending over 1k on this press.

I also want to be able to print transfers (images or other graphics I've designed) that can only be done with a printer. I would like an 11x17 printer and have the ability to print on darker color shirts as well. Again I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on it...anything to get me started in the 500$ range?

Thanks in advance. Just point me in the right direction and I'll do the research.

post-2265-12986526172759_thumb.jpg

post-2265-12986526192059_thumb.jpg

I would have loved to get the sunie but they are out of stock and wont have them until Nov 4th..I can wait...i have stuff to do....i bought one of the generic presses but it was one that had more good reviews and very little bad reviews....ordered my t-shirts and vinyl...should be cooking in less than 2 weeks...