Sign in to follow this  
kctrader

Low Tack Vinyl for Auto

I've got a client who is wanting to put a temporary sign on the side of a pickup.

They are going to sell it at auction, and want to advertise the auction on the truck.  The vinyl would only need to be on the truck for a few weeks.  It needs to come off easily with no damage when they are ready to remove it.

Any suggestions on something that is low tack that would work for this purpose?  Thanks in advance. 

I would do magnetic signs. If he doesn't like that Oracal makes 631 that is removable.

Thanks for the input.  Magnetic won't work, as part of the area is non metal.

I've used 631, but didn't know if it would hold up outdoors.  They call it an indoor vinyl on the spec sheet.

Thanks for the input.  Magnetic won't work, as part of the area is non metal.

I've used 631, but didn't know if it would hold up outdoors.  They call it an indoor vinyl on the spec sheet.

It will hold up just fine, for a few weeks.  :o

Jon

I would recommend 631 as well. Low tack, clean removal, and the matte finish will be easier to read against a shiny surface.  :thumbsup:

I tried a test on my own car last week.  It rained hard all day today, and it's still holding up well. 

I've had 631 on my car for about 6 months now.

I change vinyl all the time on my vehicle anyways.  Figured clean removal will save me some time next spring.