Sign in to follow this  
tory

Specs on 5" window decals

Can anyone share how much to charge for a 5" vehicle window decal (1 color)? These will be resold but she is only purchasing them for her clients as needed. So she isn't buying a certain qty at once. I was also going to offer to personalize with a name too for a small surcharge. Also will regular sign vinyl work for this application? I have some from Stahls that was used for a storefront window. I like to use this first and then should I switch over to Oracal? Or will it not last long? I appreciate any feedback you can share.

Sorry bout that, I even did a search and visually scanned and STILL didn't come up with it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Goin to be one of those days  :thumbsup:

I still have a few questions on window decals, so I changed the title to reflect this. I have also searched but didn't find this info.

When making the 5" decals:

are some fonts too small to use and will fall off easier? (such as bookman font which has serifs/narrow columns)

can I use regular sign vinyl (which I've used for a storefront) or is Orcal 651 more longlasting?

I ask because while the design cut/weeded w no problems I can see where the tiny serifs might not last long. Or at the very least give a place to snag and pull off when going through a car wash. So are there do's/dont's when making small decals for use on a car/outdoors?

Thanks I appreciate your input

Thx Firemalt, I assumed as such but wasn't sure how well that is going to go over with the client. She wanted her exact logo which uses the serifs and a few smaller details at that size. Obviously, I will explain the limitations and hopefully she can see where better to go with the larger font than have unhappy ppl.

If your client won't change their mind on the font, just let them know there's no warranty as far as the lifespan goes.

Firemalt, I've tried downloading that price chart from two different posts today and can't get it. Says site not available...Can you email it, or is that even possible to do? Thanks for any help you can give.Sandy

Thanks again for sending the jpg by email. I tried again clicking on the site to get it and get the same message. Site not available or can't be found..strange indeed lol