Sign in to follow this  
snlsd

Pricing?

I have a vehicle job that I'm not sure how to price.  I'll use approximately 32 square feet of Oracal 651 which includes all waste material.  All basic lettering in one color for a Ford cargo van. Company name, website, phone number etc....  Also includes a simple logo with two colors.  Just curious what the going rate is for online orders for RTA vinyl graphics.  I hear a lot of people suggest $9-10 per square foot, but I don't want to price myself out of the market.  Someone told me once to multiply your cost times 5 and that would be a close estimate. 

i just completed my first real vehicle sign job. i did three signs on five trucks and supplied two extra sets. they are three colors. i billed the company $85 a truck plus two hours of install time @ $50 an hour. by my calculations, i charged $18 a square foot plus installation. the hardest part was weeding all of the small text. here are some pics of the sign.

bb

post-2091-12986525957377_thumb.jpg

post-2091-129865259579_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986525965211_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986525965616_thumb.jpg

What kind of vinyl did you use?  Wish I could make some $$$ on the installation, but the customer is going to install.

calon by arlon series 5000. some people are quite capable and can stick vinyl properly, but after someone messes up an expensive piece of vinyl, ie gets it crooked or has lots of bubbles or wrinkles, they will be quite happy to pay you to do it for them. if someone wants to do it themselves, i direct them to youtube for a tutorial on vinyl installation.

bb