Sign in to follow this  
Hogheaven

Multiple color application

I am trying to figure out where to find the dots or squares during design. I understand how to match them up in application I just don't know how to put it all together in SB. HELP.....I have a multi-colored sign where there are graphics with different colors in them. I want to separate the colors and be able to match them up during application......Any help is greatly appreciated....

I understand about saving vinyl, I'm just trying to find where the marks are in the SB program with which you line the two pieces up to the tape so application is one step...?? I could probably wing it, but I saw a u tube application done where the fella lined up the different pieces of one design by using marks on the outside of the design itself....

I'm hoping I make sense.....thanks loads

Place them where there is common area but it is out of the way. That way it will save vinyl. Can you post a picture of what you want to cut? It would help to see.

I just create 2 circles for each color in illustrator, layer them one on top of each other perfectly, and then copy/paste it in.  When in cut mode in SB, just change vinyl colors and the circles will be in the same places.

I create rectangular squares under the design and leave em there for each color.....

all in illustrator.

simple enough

When I do them in SBE -

Make a circle - Select it - Duplicate it

Make the same color as one layer

Line them up usually at the top of the image (one top left and one top right)

Now I select both circles (holding shift select each one)

I just combine the shapes

Now you can duplicate them as many times as you need (one set for each color)

To align them simply select each set (again holding shift while clicking on the set)

Click align - center vertical and horizontal (make sure "selection" is highlighted)

Done - When you send it to cut you just select the color you want to cut.

This may seem like a long process but its really not. I use SBE so I end up making my own Registration marks. I have had perfect results using this method.

Hope it helped