Pistonpump

Need Advice

Hey Everyone,

I have just jumped into the vinyl business...just bought my first cutter laser point 24"  and a heat press from US Cutter.  My question is I have a Hp printer and want to do transfers... I have used this printer before but after washing it the colors washed out.  What is your advice on the best transfer paper and printer combo out there?  Any advice would be great.

Thanks

George

for light colors you need "jet pro soft stretch" (jpss) paper. i would suggest pigmented ink , as dye ink in h.p. washes out. epson c 120 printer for about $60

regard duke

Good evening,

You can use just about any EPSON printer as long as it uses the DuraBrite inks. These inks are a pigmented ink and will not wash out. However, should you use the DuraBrite inks, on your printer you will have to set the printer setting to:

-15 yellow

+5 Magenta

+5 Cyan

Leave the black alone.

The reason for doing this is, the heat from your heat press reacts with the ink and if you do not adjust these settings, all of your images will have a yellow/greenish tint on them. Using the above settings will eliminate/reduce this from happening. Myself, I use an Epson C86 and a CX5200. My settings are -11 yellow, +5 Magenta, +5 Cyan and no problems in 3 years.

You may have to fine tune your own EPSON printer but I would take a scrap piece of white cloth (clean of course) and experiment to find your correct setting.  Oh yeah, 360 degrees F for 15-20 seconds with firm pressure.

I use Transjet II heat transfer paper. Never a washout or fading.

Hope this helps.