Sign in to follow this  
Justinside

How do I?

Hi

I need to cut this out but, the person that wants it done only has a jpg file, does it need to be in Vector?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Charlie

As FBR mentioned, it would need to be in Vector format vs Rasterized (jpg).

With a bigger picture, we could certainly help trace the image portion, but the fonts don't tend to trace as well unless they're very clear.  It might be easier to use whatthefont.com or a font finding service to figure out the name of the font (unless they can tell you) and get a good pic and we can get you on your way with this one  :thumbsup:

Thank you.

The font is Pristina, I will need to download it, where would be the best and cheapest?

Jimbob06, how big do you think I can go with your quick trace?

Thanks again

Charlie

how's Free sound?

http://fonts101.com/dlzip_az_FID!18715~FKey!J5I8EZVJEFRT1425~Script~Pristina~font.html

I do think you're going to run into a few issues cutting that image though.  It definitely is going to need some clean up.  If you look at it in wireframe mode, you should be able to see exactly what I mean.  If you clean it up a bit or get a better image to trace you should be all set though

As far as how big...it's a vector.  You can go as big as you want.  Rasterized are the ones that get distorted when you blow them up.  Vectors do not

Steve

I do have a Hi res .png image but I do not know how to convert it to just a black and white .eps file so I can cut it.

Thanks for the font link.

Charlie

I'm assuming it's different than the one you previously posted?  If so, post it up and we can get you a better trace...then you should be good :thumbsup:

I would resize it some but don't overwrite it.  Give it a new name.  Just give us something bigger to work with, that's all

Got the file.  It was HUGE.  No wonder you couldn't post it here  :thumbsup:  No worries

It had a drop shadow on it which really messes with autotrace features but I was able to trace this and get you pretty close.  It's going to require some clean up.  Just go through and straighten it up some.  Wireframe mode is helpful for this, but check it in regular mode too just to make sure you didn't remove something or mess something up you'll need :P

post-2505-1298652555448_thumb.jpg

frames.eps

post-2505-12986525569565_thumb.jpg

frames.eps