Sign in to follow this  
jack818

What software to use for creating & cutting except software UScutter provides

Hi,

I got a free software with my vinyl cutter from UScutter and it will not load some logos I receive from friends/clients that are in .AI or .EPS format. The software they give out is so basic and I can never print out nice graphics, just good for lettering.

I have Adobe Illustrator, Can I print/cut from illustrator to the UScutter or do I have to print/cut form the free UScutter software always?

I want to stop using the software they gave me and find an alternate.

Thanks, SORRY FOR THE "NEWBIE" QUESTION!

You can't cut from Adobe Illustrator.  You need to use some form of sign cutting software like Signblazer or Flexi.

I cut out graphics with Signblazer without any problems.  You need to import the EPS and then you'll be in business.

I haven't been sucessful with AI files, but I think you just need to convert the files to EPS and import them into Signblazer.

I  design in AI, save as a .eps then import into signblazer.....no probs whatsoever......

Pardon my ignorance (being a cutter noob myself), but I was told that you can cut directly from Adobe Illustrator using the Signcut X2 software.  I am in the process of purchasing a small 12" unit for personal use, and haven't received it, but that was one of the questions I had for them, as most of the templates I have are in .AI format.

Not sure about Signcut, but the previous post is probably true.  Convert from AI to EPS and you should be ok. 

I use Flexi 8.1, I like the fact that i can Import either eps or AI files for manipulation, it has great tools very similar to Photoshop in design, but once you get the learning curve down you can really make some quality designs.

Guest sciondrgn

I use Flexi for everything! I love it  ;D