Sign in to follow this  
captonzoom

When Weeding Decals

I have noticed, if I am cutting and weeding decals at the same time, I need to stay on top of weeding RIGHT AWAY because if I don't, it seems as if the vinyl starts to kinda close back up making weeding very difficult.  If i cut three at a time, weed them no problem.  Any more than that the vinyl starts to what I call " close up".

Just a thought.

What kind of vinyl do you use? I have never had this happen. I have cut things and then weeded them the next day with no problems.

Amber

Maybe you need to adjust your blade holder some or apply a lil more down + force !

Boe

Xpress Signs & Graphics

I've never had the adhesive close back up before, not saying that it doesn't happen. It'll either weed nicely for me, or the adhesive is really, really gummy and makes for a longer weed time. Kind of sucks, but oh well  :thumbsup:

I use nothing but Oracal 651 and above.  It was weird.  Its almost like the adhesion glue kind of rebonded.  I know it sounds strange but check it out.  While cutting 3 decals per a row, after each row finished cutting, I would spot weed a random one in that row to see how it is cutting.  The spot weeding went perfect for each row while on the machine.  I had to make a few adjustments in the begining, but all in all each row weeded perfect.  So I cut off 24 decals from the machine, went to weed each one, problems, even the ones that I spot weeded ON the machine, now were acting as if I did not cut with enough pressure.

Tell me thats not weird. 

I use nothing but Oracal 651 and above.  It was weird.  Its almost like the adhesion glue kind of rebonded.  I know it sounds strange but check it out.  While cutting 3 decals per a row, after each row finished cutting, I would spot weed a random one in that row to see how it is cutting.  The spot weeding went perfect for each row while on the machine.  I had to make a few adjustments in the begining, but all in all each row weeded perfect.  So I cut off 24 decals from the machine, went to weed each one, problems, even the ones that I spot weeded ON the machine, now were acting as if I did not cut with enough pressure.

Tell me thats not weird. 

Try an small increase in downforce and slow down the cutting speed a little.

I mainly use 651 with a 45 degree blade.

Im at 70 for down force and 20 for speed.  Thoughts?  I am going to try and take a video tonight to visually explain :thumbsup:

I only use 651 and am set at 120 down and 50 speed.  I used to have lots of problems weeding until I got blade adjused (per the Blade adj. instructions here in the forum) and THEN went up from 75 to 120.  Now cutting is much cleaner and I don't get frustrated weeding (60 blade at .25 also)

Regis

If you have tried to add down force and it is still not parting the addhesive then you may need a new blade or adjust your blade holder in some to expose the blade. The only time I have that type of problem is when we cutt reflective vinyl. You are not cutting deap enough!

I think thats what it is.  Not deep enough.  I finished the project.  Its weird.  Sometimes it perfect and sometimes its not :)

Thanks everyone!!