Hi i am tried this many times i don't know what is wrong

my cutter is cutting some wear lines on my work here is a picture !!

thanks.

post-3198-12986525116401_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1298652512709_thumb.jpg

I don't know if you're running into a problem with the blade catching some of the vinyl and dragging it during cutting, or that it's "slashing" the vinyl as it moves from one cut to another.

If it's slashing than as captonzoom said, your blade is set too long. Ideally the blade will only poke out of the blade holder about one-half of the thickness of a credit card. Basically you only want it sticking out just enough to cut through the vinyl and not the backing. To adjust the blade depth in the holder: the blade holder has two rotating cylinders, rotate them in separate directions and you will see the blade either stick further out or retract in.

If it's not cutting through the backing, or even cutting into the backing, but it's actually lifting up the vinyl as it's going, than you might need to clean the blade and/or the blade holder. There might be an accumulation of adhesive; or perhaps what you are cutting is too fine in detail, and you might need to switch out to a 60-degree blade.

You can also play with the pressure, and speed of the cutter. That helps sometimes too.

Good luck, and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!  :thumbsup:

Looks like this is the problem  So how did you know wich blade i have plotter is new came with 3 blades with blue plastic is that  45 ?? or 60-degree ?? THANLS FOR YOU HELP IS VERY HELPFULL

it's actually lifting up the vinyl as it's going, than you might need to clean the blade and/or the blade holder. There might be an accumulation of adhesive; or perhaps what you are cutting is too fine in detail, and you might need to switch out to a 60-degree blade

The LP ships with 45-degree blades. You can find 60-degree ones sold by US Cutter on eBay. They're pretty cheap, and most people who, for whatever reasons, swap out to 60-degree, usually don't go back. I recently switched to 60-degree, and will probably just stick with that (I don't have a whole lot of patience when it comes to adjusting to the right blade depth).

It sounds like the vinyl you're using might have some really sticky adhesive - a few of my rolls are like that. Just need to be patient, slow down the cut speed and test, test, test.  :thumbsup:

is there any speed  around ??

so slow is better ? 

Note: the US cutter laserpoint vinyl cutter is supplied with "60 degree BLADES :) is that true ?? My manual say so.those came with small blue plastic , please let me know if still need buy the 60 " blades !

Thanks every body this forum really works !!

Since you're having the issue of the vinyl getting pulled up while it's cutting, it really couldn't hurt to slow it down. Obviously cutting at the speed that it's at now is really working for you. Are you cutting stuff in intricate detail? Is it small? Is it a clean vector image?

There are a lot of factors that come into play when you start running into the problems you're having, but those simple questions might contain the answer.

If it's intricate detail, cut with a 60-degree blade.

If it's small, then you certainly don't want your cutter just racing through the cut - especially if you have really gummy adhesive.

If it's not a clean vector image, than the blade (and carriage are probably doing a lot of excess movement).

Note: the US cutter laserpoint vinyl cutter is supplied with "60 degree BLADES :) is that true ?? My manual say so.those came with small blue plastic , please let me know if still need buy the 60 " blades !

Thanks every body this forum really works !!

There's a manual?? I can't say that the LP I got had an LP manual. There was a generic manual, but it did not have any information about the blade (or knife as it is referred to in the manual). I had to ask this forum about what blade was shipped with the LP. All three blades that I got with my LP were 45-degree.

Thanks for you info , well yes my manual say that i have 3 small blade with small blue plastic and i am very confused some of you guys told me the laserp24 comes with 45" blade but when i read the manual said bade are 60" i for got to tell you i get my plotter from ebay but was new and sold by USCUTTER , i tried to do  a medium or small letters ENGLISH letter you know this kind of letter is alittle complicate, but i also have the same problem doing the people sticker, i belive i have hard time doing small tings. THANKS for help

There are a few threads here about text size, and I think the general consensus was that anything smaller than 1/4", while is possible, no one here would like to do it. Just for kicks I tried cutting 1/4" text. I can honestly say that I won't be doing that again  :)

If you really aren't sure of the blades you got, you can always contact Ken (Imes), or post a photo of the blades (close-up of the tip) and we can tell you what you got with your cutter. That's totally awesome if yours was shipped with the 60-degree ones, I certainly wish that my LP was shipped with the 60's  :)

How big (or small are you doing the people sticker? Would you mind posting the actual .eps or .sbd file so someone here can inspect the vector and/or do a test cut?

Hang in there, we'll get all the issues worked out for you.  :)

Thanks for all you suport ok

Here is a pic of my blades also i have no problem with those letters on the pic but

a few wear lines came out later on my cut job you can see that on my first post there is a pic.

Thanks

post-3198-12986525392687_thumb.jpg

post-3198-12986525416371_thumb.jpg

I have noticed, if you are going to work with text around 1/4",  font type is everyting!!  The wrong font type and weeding and or cutting can be a nightware.  The right font type and it weeds next to perfect.

Check out the video I just made.  The inner letters are .22 inches or just under a 1/4".  It took me several test cuts to find the RIGHT font to use for very small lettering with a 60 degree blade.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,9776.0.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers!