Sign in to follow this  
charlie_b CFXPaintworks

Skull for YOU....with a twist..

I'm with Mr. Peabody, to be able to create art like Charlie we are going to have to get into his mind. You look at a skull and see all that, I look at the same skull and would never been able to be as creative. Charlie did you take classes to learn how to do this or does it just come natural? I know I've read on the forum that you teach but have you always been so creative? Cmon inquiring minds want to know.

I have always been creative..ever since i was a kid drawing every xmen comic book character to he-man characters...i went to college late in my life(27) and graduated when i was 31.  I tried to get away from going to college for the longest time, but learned at the last FX studio i worked at (Steve Johnsons's XFX) that the movie industry is gonna be going Digital..so that got me to go back to school and learn computer graphics.  I am glad i did or i probably would never learn the programs i know now..hell..probably wouldn't even be online now..

cool skull...

"Roland SX15,US Cutter LP, HP B8350

CutStudio,X2

Adobe Photoshop Cs2,Illustrator Cs2

2.4 quad core*4Gigs 6400 Ram*450gig HD*512 8800GTS*2 19"Viewsonic Monitors"

^ Quite the set up there mister! ^

Like you, I would redraw anything I could get my hands on as a kid; but not so good coming up with things to draw from my imagination. Apparently, I should have stuck with it through college. I even showed my husband and daughter (who also loves to draw) your skulls. Both were equally impressed with your vision vs what the majority of us would have seen. Keep up the good work Charlie, I can tell you it inspires me to keep trying. My imagination is more the cut and paste type lol.

cool skull...

"Roland SX15,US Cutter LP, HP B8350

CutStudio,X2

Adobe Photoshop Cs2,Illustrator Cs2

2.4 quad core*4Gigs 6400 Ram*450gig HD*512 8800GTS*2 19"Viewsonic Monitors"

^ Quite the set up there mister! ^

Yeah..gotta keep up with my COD 4 clannies....Gaming is oen of my releases...

Tory, thank you...believe me when i say there were so many times i wanted to quit school because it wasn't for me and it was so hard working full time and doing homework..and the kids who were just out of high school had no jobs and didn't pay rent  had it pretty easy.  But to be the oldest grandchild in my family it was more of a goal to be an example to all my cousins..even at 31 when i graduated, my grandfather who went with me to register for college got to see me graduate. 2 weeks later he died, but at least he got to his his eldest grandchild get his Bachelor's degree finally.  That alone was all worth it to me in the end.