Sign in to follow this  
cortney03

heelllppppp!

ok so I have never done anything with vinyl and I am super confused!  I set up my SignBlazer stuff and I am trying to make a cut and its like my software and cutter aren't responding to each other.. I have it hooked through USB because it is a distance away from each other.. any suggestions as to why? and also where is the actual plotter/cutter thing supposed to be located, every time it is online it is all the way at the left side. please help!

turn on your cutter and wait until it says online,press the off line button on the cutter,use the directional buttons with the arrows to move the cutter head to the right,but don not go so far that it  hits the red button. press the cross hairs button in the middle of directional buttons,this sets the cutter head position,now press the off line button again to put it back online.type in some text and select it with the arrow icon at the top left of the screen.make sure the text has a box around it,if not then click on it to select.click on cutter icon at top of screen,click on cutter set up.the usb port that the cutter is coneccted to should be highligted,click on it to set the comm port.if its not highlighted try all the com ports to see what one it is.set the size of the text fairly small and cut text.i have set mine up with usb and paralell and had no problems ether way. hope this helps you.look at other listings in the forum,there are others that address these problems.i forgot to tell you to click on the com settings button after cutter set up. that will show you a list of ports.