Sign in to follow this  
jeff0246

When buying graphics on a cd what do I need to know?

When buying graphics on a cd what do I need to know?

I looked at a bunch of different cd's etc.  on ebay and online and am not sure what I need to know in order to buy the right ones!  I am using signblazer...what the heck is a vector graphic?  WHat else should I look for?

As always Thank you!

Jeff

A vector is an image that can be enlarged and won't distort. It is cutter ready and doesn't need cleaning up. Some art looks great but when sent to the cutter has jagged edges or extra lines, they aren't clean lines. Vector art makes life much easier for those of us that don't have a clue how to clean it up :huh:

Tory

For what it's worth... here's my spin...

1.  I don't know that you're going to be able to tell the quality until after you buy it.  Any 'samples' are going to likely be cream of the crop

2.  Beware buying from Ebay.  I personally care about supporting people in my own industry.  There is ALOT of hard work that goes into creating Vectors.  While it's easy to buy them, KNOW who you're buying them from.  There are alot of people stealing vectors from sign sites, and other peoples CD's, rolling them up into their own CD and reselling them.  Bad Mojo - Don't support these knuckleheads...

3.  Buy from larger, more reputable companies.  YES, you will pay more.  Yes, you will get less for your money.  YES you will get better quality.  DeSign is a good one. Another good one is (insert shameless US Cutter Plug) http://www.uscutterdirect.com/Vector-Art_c_36.html    Those are pretty good. 

I personally, would NOT buy one if it wasn't from those 2 creators... or one of that caliber.  10k vectors for a buck?  eh.... no