tdp

How would you cut this?

Forgive me as I am very new to cutting ..but how would you go about cutting the attached?  I just want to cut around the red circle nothing more...I am using signcut and laserpoint 24.  Thanks!

post-2940-12986524645342_thumb.gif

post-2940-12986524664109_thumb.gif

I would make the circle and the triangle the same color. I would cut those 2 things at once then weed the areas around the triangle and then cut the thing in the middle and layer it on top of the triangle.

If you want ot need the white area you have 2 options:

1. You cut a white circle the same size of the red circle and use it as a base layer and when you weed the red areas around the triangle the white will show.

2. You just make a red circle and with white vinyl you cut the areas around the triangle and layer on top of the red circle and these white pieces will form the triangle.

Did I make sense?

Joe

Makes perfect sense  when  use vinyl..but what about simple heat transfer paper?  Just to trim around the outside red circle?

Ohhhhhh you will print that in a transfer paper and then bring it to your LP to cut around???

I see. Oops, then I hope someone can help you out on that one.

Joe

Yeah..sorry I should have been more clear...but thanks for the tips...I"ll return to them when I get my vinyl...  :huh:

It would be helpful if you also have an editing program such a AI or Corel to lay your project out in. In the editing program you would insert the work2.gif image and create a contour or vector circle around the perimeter for the purpose of cutting the outline in SignCut. With the editing program, you would also establish registration marks to be printed on the transfer and then manually read in SignCut to establish where you desire the transfer to be cut. Without an editing program, I can't think of another solution or work around.