Sign in to follow this  
thredz

Storms in the northwest

I had noticed that Marcel had not been on the board this morning.I thought he was just kicking back on friday.But I have read that severe storms had knocked out power in washington and oregon.I just thought I would inform the forum,in case the storms have shut down the power to uscutter.

Billy, as usually, you have been very helpful.  The storms did indeed kill our power and Internet and the severity of power outages will probably leave us in the dark through the weekend.  I am hoping that we will be up and running again on Monday.  Until then, I am afraid that we are unable to offer any support, as my Internet connection is only temporary, and the temperatures are near freazing, and we have no means to heat the office to take phone calls.

Hello all, and thanks Billy for posting an announcement here. We have had quite an ordeal here in the Pacific Northwest the last couple days. A rain and wind storm with gusts up to 70mph hit us Thursday causing downed trees and power lines in addition to a power outage for 1 million people in Western Washington. This made it dangerous and pointless for anyone to go anywhere since the power was out almost citywide. I just got my power back earlier today but half a million are still without power 48 hours after the storm. It looks like most operations in the city including US Cutter should be back to normal by Monday. If anyone is interested in more details on this story you can check out our local newspapers at these links.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/

Hello everyone. Unfortunately hundreds of thousands of people in the Seattle area are still without power 5 days after the storm, but we are lucky enough to be up and running today at US Cutter. Our email server was down this weekend so it is possible that we missed a few emails. My inbox is still full though and I will try to reply to all of the messages today. If you don't get a reply by tonight please resend your email to us. Shipping has been delayed too, but that should also be back to normal today. Thank you all for your patience  :huh:

Sign in to follow this