Sign in to follow this  
MGC

Refine MH-721 Newbie Questions....

I think I posted these questions in the wrong forum first...  Maybe this is the right place...

Hi I just got my cutter and things are going pretty good.  Here are a few things I need some help with.

With SignBlazer, is there a way to " pretrace" or get the cutter to do a pre cut to see if you have a big enough piece of vinyl loaded? Or if it is in the right position,etc before it actually cuts? 

I have noticed that sometimes, seems to be the first time everytime I open SB,  when I tell the cutter to cut with SB it runs backwards and spits out the vinyl, then it cuts the design after spitting out the vinyl...

What is the tape looking stuff that the blade goes into when the blade cuts too deep and goes through the vinyl??  Should I have removed it when i unpacked the cutter??

What 3 blades come with the cutter?  Are they all the same??

Thanks

MGC

Hello?? Anyone?  I really need to know which blades come with it as I need to order some more of the same.  I want to have some extras on hand... 

No pre-trace feature that I am aware of, although it sounds like it would be a nice feature.

Make sure you set your origin properly on the cutter before sending a job to cut.

The masking tape can be removed. It was there for shipping, and there is also a thin layer of clear tape under it that stays in place to secure the cutting strips.

All 3 blades are the same: 45degree Roland compatible.

Guest fivestar

That is the best feature Flexi has "show me" button, if you ask me.  I use that feature every time I cut something.  It has saved me so much vinyl that it probably paid for the cutter. 

Fivestar,  Do you have the $$$ version of Flexi or Flexi Starter?  I guess a better way to ask is just what version do you have that has the "show me" option...?