jeff0246

Hitting the red button on the left...

Evening,

Ok, so when I go to cut now and send it to the cutter the head starts to move to the left and only stops after it hits the red button!  It freezes and I try again and set the X and Y to zero at the ends of the vinyl and start it all excited and boom-red button again... Please help!  Thanks!!!

Don't set your X and Y to the edge of your vinyl and try that.

I leave at least an inch to 2 inches on both sides.

Let me know if it works.  Good luck!

Guest sciondrgn

Also make sure you set your origin on the right side of the vinyl and not the left.. The cutter moves from right to left

No luck yet.  I tried starting about 2.5 inches from the edge to be sure.  I also made sure that it started cutting with the cutting head on the right side.  Thanks so much for the suggestions though!!!

Jeff

Guest sciondrgn

Make sure you are using the exact driver,

I know on my pcut when I first installed it was going crazy and running the carriage to the end but i had the CTNE-900 and my cutter is actually the CTN-900, I switched the drivers out and set it up in Flexi and it worked after that,

Which pcut do you have?

I got it!  There are a lot of little quirks that I need to work out with these-most of them my fault! 

I was cutting a sign that was 18 inches wide and the vinyl was only 17 7/8!  It looked wide enough so I never checked that!  After I indexed it the vinyl was not wide enough so the printer pushed that dam little button trying to tell me, "Hello-your material is not wide enough Bozo!"  I should have done that in a Chinese accent.  The manual was funny to read!  They needs some editors who speak engrish, err I mean English...lol