Sign in to follow this  
RoyBoom

Hi from Michigan

I've never cut any vinyl in my life, but the machine is ordered and on the way.  I'm a high school shop teacher but I've also had a small printing business for many years, but since I'm not there I really don't do much of that anymore.  I've still got 4 or 5 years of teaching to do unless they decide they want the shop area for something else and boot me.  I do transfers and sublimation at some car shows in the summer and I thought maybe the vinyl cutting would fit into what I do somewhere.  I'm sure once the machine gets here I'll be lost and have lots of questions.  I'm getting the 24'" Laserpoint.

Roy

Welcome to the forum!

I also had no clue what I was doing when I bought my cutter. But I read lots of articles online, watched alot of tuturiols on YouTube, and found this awesome forum.

And the most helpful of all was definetly this forum, these wonderful people are the best!  ;D

Amber

Welcome Roy!!  What part of MI you from?

You will learn ALOT here....just a great bunch of people.

Jenny

Guest kenya

Hi Roy......

you'll be up and running in no time!

WELCOME!

Hello Roy,

I received my laserpoint approx 2 weeks ago. I am new to vinyl cutting also. I've cut some designs and I love it. I Haven't tried contour cuts yet. The members of this forum will help you,

Good Luck,

Ariti  ;D

I'm near Kalamazoo and Battle Creek.  I think the cutter should be here about Wednesday or Thursday but I'm not sure when I'll have time to play with it.  I've been doing a house rehab so that is eating up a lot of time, but I thought the cutter would be something to work with during the winter when the house is done.  Yesterday I ordered a roll of the free vinyl that was mentioned on one of the other areas of this forum, so that should give me something to play with when I finally get the time.

Not sure if I'm posting right, but I just ordered a LP 24' and i have no clue as to how to work it.

Welcome! I am from Michigan as well. Near Flint--south of. I have the Laserpoint 24", too. I followed a lot of advice from these boards and watched a lot of YouTube videos as well. I am having fun with it, but still need to get some real work for it!

scott

Welcome Scott.....I'm up near Midland!

Linda is keeping her location secret.......  :(  just jokin' Linda!

Jenny

Jenny

No big secret... NW suburban Detroit... or should I be more specific Jenny ;D  ;D

Jenny

No big secret... NW suburban Detroit... or should I be more specific Jenny ;D  ;D

LOL Nah, Linda that's fine..............Welcome!!!