jeff0246

Vinyl Cutter /Cutting Plotter USCutter W/USB----Software Help-Sign Blazer Elem.

Hi there,

I am hoping to get my new 24" Vinyl Cutter /Cutting Plotter USCutter W/USB and it comes with the Sign Blazer Elements trial edition.  How is this software?  Is it true that the company went out of business?  Am I going to be able to get this working ok, and will I need to get new software soon.  I hope not!  Money is tight...any advice or opinions are appreciated!

Thanks-Jeff

For starting out, the trial version of SBE will suit your needs just fine...

Download Inkscape(free) to use as a design and convert images to eps file, if you haven't already done so.

After a few months, if you think your skill level is pushing the limits of SBE, then you can start looking into other options. But thenagain, it never hurts to keep a watchful eye open for a good deal! :)

Hi Jeff ,

SignBlazer is great , the bad thing is the owner/founder passed away this spring :) . The realistic status of the co is that it's business doors are closed . There is hope that new owners will resume business , although seemingly  impossible to be as good as when under Jerry's care & guidance .

You will be able to use SignBlazer elements trial version ( I have for a year ) . Inkscape is very good also & if you are like most on here ( hobbyists ) , either will do just fine . IF you are making commitments , I think you should have back-up computers , software & cutters . If not & you can/ don't mind being down for awhile , there is no need for anything else .

regards , Rodger

Anyone--

Are there any updates to the SignBlazer company? I have the signblazer but do not have any software to make it function properly. Can anyone help out??