Sign in to follow this  
tonico

Help with over laying

Hi

I am still a newbie at all of this.  I converted a JPG image to vector (eps) with Inkscape. I originaly made the raster image b/w with Adobe Elements to simplify things. Than I imported it into SB and used outline to create a background which will be white and the Blue + Red parts.

In a perfect world I expected the stars to be cut out off the Blue part and the White would be visible.

For reasons that I haven't got a clue the stars cut out are in the background (white) and the Blue does not have the cut outs.  How do I reverse this?

I included the SB file, if it helps I can upload the original JPG and/or eps file.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly apreciated

Tony

PS I am also planning to do the elephant... :-)

democrat-1.SBD

democrat-1.SBD

Thanks for the reply. Much better. One more thing.  What I am doing is "pull" the blue section away from the image and than drag the stars from the background to the blue section than combine and reassemble the image.

I am just trying to figure out what is the best way to do this sort of thing, it seems to be a bit clumsy.  I could not get it done any other way ( I could not get the stars and the blue section to select on their own) but if it the way, well be it so.

On a completely different subject, do you know if there is a limit to how many fonts SB "sees" as installed in the system? It appears that in my case it does not "see" all of them.

I have added quite a few and they come up okay. But many do not.

Thanks again

Tony

Down in the bottom right of the screen is an option panel. there is an arrow that lets you scroll through the different settings. One is called "Nudge". there are horizontal and vertical nudge settings. Set them to about 10 inches. Then when you select an item use your arrow keys to "Nudge" the selected item(s) that distance. Then you can make your changes and nudge them back in the opposite direction the exact same distance. It's how you move things off you design to work on them seperately.

Jay

Thanks for that. Actually I had just done it slightly different. If I select/combine before I did the outline it actually worked with a slight problem inside the stars but that was a simple matter of deleting some nodes.  The nudge advice is great because I have had to do "disassemble" an image before and "eye-balled" the reasembly.... This will make that a lot simpler.

Thanks

Tony