Sign in to follow this  
RegisG

Wet application question.

I have had a few difficulties with wet as well as dry application and would like to stick with wet.  With wet application, does the substraight need to be vertical?  All the videos show applying vinyl wet on cars, windows, etc.  I've had problem applying with signs laying flat.  I'm using 651 and rapid tac.  I can't seem to move the decal around much at all even though I spray a lot on the surface!  I don't have easy way to prop signs up for this.

Any tips appreciated.

I do ALL of mine flat.No problems. It could be that you are not getting 100% coverage with your application fluid. All it takes is a few dry spots to make it hard to move. I have also found that spray bottles tend to get worn out after awhile and do not give an even spray pattern.

I probably do 10-20 banners every week....you get good at it after awhile.

One thing...you need to use paper tape,not clear,for wet. This is very important.

Thanks John.  I am using paper (R-tape Conform).  That spray bottle of mine doesn't spray a mist, kind of mix of drops & spray.  That must be it now that I look closer at the surface.....

Thanks again,

Regis

when it doesn't cover properly, I just take my hand and spread it around. Keep at it...I have gotten good by sheer repitition,not because I'm some banner whiz.

I have had a few difficulties with wet as well as dry application and would like to stick with wet.  With wet application, does the substraight need to be vertical?  All the videos show applying vinyl wet on cars, windows, etc.   I've had problem applying with signs laying flat.   I'm using 651 and rapid tac.   I can't seem to move the decal around much at all even though I spray a lot on the surface!  I don't have easy way to prop signs up for this.

Any tips appreciated.

I always set my graphic into place and tape it down (Left side and Right side to fine tune the image) then I run tape down the center of the image creating the center hinge, then peal the left or right side away from the release liner to the center hinge, cut the release liner, then spay the mastic side of the image and the area it will place, then squeegee the image until all fluid is out, then repeat the otherside.

The main purpose of the wet app ( rapid tac) is to give you a bubble free end result not a long term slip. If you want a long term slip add a lil joy dish soap to some water. (Do Not Use Dawn She is mean to graphics) I use weed sprayer for large media apps but a spray bottle is the norm. The rapid tac and rapid tac 2 are designed to dry fast so you can remove the transfer tape shortly after install.

Boe

Xpress Signs & Graphics