Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

help with an image using pdf, ai and flexi

let me try asking this without being to confusing,

I have a pdf file I know how to select the image in ai and bring it into flexi but when I do the image has a white box around it. how do i get rid of that?

also that same image i want to outline the letters in the image so when i select outline in flexi i get an outline around the white box and not the letters. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

First check to see if its a raster file or vector.

If its a raster file you need to use the masking feature or convert it to vector.

If its vector you need to ungroup the item and then edit.

im brand new to ai so how do i determine if its a vector or rastor and do i do the conversion / ungroup edit in ai?

OK its a vector (no pixel in zoom) and group is not a highlighted option but group is so i guess its already ungrouped

maybe I'm taking it into flexi wrong but i just saved it as a ai file and no the white box is gone

in flexi I cant select parts of the design unless i do select within in flexi ungroup is not an option

unmask it put a black box around the design

also still when i try to outline i get a white box around the whole thing and not the letters

also when i open the image in flexi i get a big section of blank all around the design. this cam from a page of images and i just deleated the other images

Guest rvgraphixs

yeah delete the mask then all will be available

here it is i wanted all the text red and be able to out line the lettering with white dont know if i want the diamond and line outlined untill i see it

rd2.ai

rd2.ai

Guest rvgraphixs

yeah unmask it then group the lettering then outline them separately. For the diamond part do the same and group it then outline. I outlined in orange just to show it.

rd22.zip

rd22.zip

ok i did it to by deleating the mask like you said then i grouped them then outlined it

Thanks for everyones help!