Sign in to follow this  
Ariti

Advice On Purchasing A Cutter/Plotter

Hello,

I'm a newbie and again I hope I'm posting on the correct board  :)

I'm applying  heat transfers on dark t shirts. I'm using inkjet opaque transfer paper presently but I am also planing to use vinyl after I purchase a cutter. I need to make detailed cuts inside and outside of the designs. Is this possible? I don't know much about cutters/plotters. I have no idea which cutter to purchase and I'm working with a small budget.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Ariti  :-

Guest fivestar

If you are wanting to contour cut the opaque transfers then I'd suggest the Graphtec US Cutter sells.  If you're just wanting to cut vinyl such as heatpress vinyl and sign vinyl then I personally recommend the Refine series.  They are workhorses for their price.

Once again you have chosen the right place to post, you sure you are a newbie?  :)

Even with a small tight budget (I know how that goes) any of the cutters from here do fabulous work. I had the extra at the time and bought the Copam 2500.  I also do t-shirt vinyl, no problem.

Check out this thread and see some of the awesome detail you can get from a variety of these cutters.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,7461.0.html

The flower was done on our Copam. Didn't get any votes, but it still turned out great, I thought!!  :)

I'm sure some others will chime in here soon.

Jenny

Thank you Fivestar

I plan to use vinyl for some designs and the transfer paper for others. Is there a cutter that can handle both?

Thank You Jenny

I did follow the link. I was so amazed and impressed by the detail in the entries that I had to laugh at myself  :) . The detail that I was referring to is nothing compared to the designs entered in the weeding contest.

Do you know which cutters were used?

Thanks,

Ariti

Guest fivestar

Ariti yes the Graphtec will do both as will a Roland GX-24. 

Ya know Ariti, that would have been a good thing to post in that contest, the cutter used!

So no other than the tiny flower (Copam 2500) I don't know what the others used.  Sorry about that.

Jenny