Sign in to follow this  
hawkkenz

GOlf Cart, How much would you charge?

I painted this cart for someone and need to know what to charge for the decals.

The front is 3 colors, about 12 x 24 and the ones on the sides are about 10x6 or so.

I know what I am charging for the paint, but not sure on the lettering and logos.

The shields on the side I converted from a .jpg and did spend quite awhile editing nodes to make it look good.

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

thesigncalculator says $13.09 for the sides and $25.56 for front plus instalation.

Guest Schramm

Hey next time try either taking the .jpg to vectormagic.com and vectorize it there or send it to Eric at www.vectordoctor.com, he is a great guy and the price is right something like that image would be about $6.

$13 for each side does not sound bad and $20 for a art charge

As for the front I am not expensive but at $25.56 for the front, I want RegisG to do my cutting as I would charge a minimum of $59 for a 3 color 2 sf design like that.  That is what I would charge if it was RTA (ready to apply), installed I would add an additional $20.

I know that times are tough for all however we just cannot give the work away or we will get stepped on when the market has picked up.  Prices should stay semi consistant.  If you want a great price guide brought to you by Sign Craft Magazine check out 2008 Sign Pricing Guide, it has been just amazing and because of it I have made an additional 30% when I do cut signs or RTA lettering.

Just a thought but I will checkout thesignexpert.com when I have time to compare prices.

Guest fivestar

I don't see where the front would be 3 colors unless you put black in there which in that case I would of used the cart as the black. 

As for the front I am not expensive but at $25.56 for the front, I want RegisG to do my cutting as I would charge a minimum of $59 for a 3 color 2 sf design like that.  That is what I would charge if it was RTA (ready to apply), installed I would add an additional $20.

I would of been at $30.00 but by looking at it, it would only be 2 colors.  another $15.00 for installation.

Guest Schramm

I think that black was one of the colors however I would of bypassed black and just used the color of the cart as well.  I still think that you price is fair and well within the price range listed.

Just so you understand why I say $59, first you have design/layout time which in my book is a min $50 per hour and then the vinyl/labor.  Now that will get me to the RTA price but then I add in laying this onto the cart and application and I think that $20 is fair.  Now in this situation where he painted the cart I may of worked a better deal for the overall job but if that cart lettering was all I was doing then that is what I would of charged.

Your price is very fair and not to far under what the pricing guide that I have says.

Ok, thanks guys, gives a lot of info to ponder.

As for the black, yes you are right it would have been better to just skip the black, but by the time I thought of that, I already had the colors cut, so I just went with it.

................................................As for the front I am not expensive but at $25.56 for the front, I want RegisG to do my cutting as I would charge a minimum of $59 for a 3 color 2 sf design like that.  That is what I would charge if it was RTA (ready to apply), installed I would add an additional $20.

I know that times are tough for all however we just cannot give the work away or we will get stepped on when the market has picked up.  Prices should stay semi consistant.  If you want a great price guide brought to you by Sign Craft Magazine check out 2008 Sign Pricing Guide, it has been just amazing and because of it I have made an additional 30% when I do cut signs or RTA lettering.

Just a thought but I will checkout thesignexpert.com when I have time to compare prices.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :rolleyes: Yep, thesignexpert.com does seem low on small dimensions.  I need to look into that magazine you quoted.

Thanks 

not sure what everyone elses markets are like, but I would have been about $95 installed,

That sign calculator make no sence becasue it said $13 for a 10" x 6" and $25 for a 12" x 24" that is just crazy the front is 6 times more vinyl!!!

they way I figure it at least $10 a sq. ft. and so on a 24" roll I would do the 10" x 6" together to use only 6" into the roll, but you always charge for scrape so you would charge for 2 sqft or 12" x 24" to make the sides so just the sides are $20 + the install. 

Seriously everyone should make sure they are charging enough, because if you charge to little you are hurting everyone as a whole, that forces everyone to lower there prices to get jobs, and we all make less.  You can keep yourself VERY busy doing cheap work, but it is very hard to pay the bills with very little profits.

Guest Terry

That was fair..........And it looks great.  ;)