Sign in to follow this  
pungohboy

Install charge?

Ok I did some searching and didnt see much on install fees. What kind of rates are average for install? The reason I am asking is I just had a customer want 2 side window and a rear window decal for their business, I gave them the price for the decals and offered Install. After hearing my price for install ($45) they said they would do it themselves instead. I dont know if $45 sounds good or bad but I came up with that number figuring an hour installing (still new to big installs) and she lives an hour away. I think if anything I was too cheap for my install price. So I was just checking to see what others charge.

Just a suggestion, but you might want to make the installation charge mandatory, not optional.  They may think it is easy to do the installation themselves, but if they screw it up...then they may try to hit you up to provide a free replacement on the vinyl.

I think your quote of $45 is too low for amount of estimated time to install and the travel.

The stickers are not huge I check my self a dozen times before laying the vinyl so that takes time. I am going to make sure they understand if they mess up its on them, that there is no guarantee on any vinyl not laid by me.

I am not trying to be cheap or expensive. I want to sell stuff but I dont work for free (or at least I dont want to). I can understand wanting to get a deal thats how I am I always look for a deal but if I was getting stickers done for a business I would not cheap out and not get them installed. $45 is cheap insurance thats the way I look at it.

Guest fivestar

$45.00 PER HR is about the going rate, BUT that's from the time you leave the shop until you get back.  I'd say $45.00 for driving there, installing them and driving back is WAY TOO CHEAP.