Guest Schramm

I use my plotter/cutter for furniture design and more - Pics of work

Guest Schramm

When it comes to crown I definatly demand and get top dollar, I charge anywhere between $8 per foot for easy colorwashing or mild crackles to $30 per lin ft (some higher - but not many) for leafing or designs.  My expertiese is moldings and furniture and I do very high end stuff.  The last job that I was on was nearly $90K but I was there for 7 months so dont get to excited to think that maybe I am rich!  Keep in mind in an earlier post I mentioned moving back to Illinois at the end of August and that is because it is not that great down here.

I really per say am not a sign company.  I do window signage, gold leafing, mirror antiquing and custom designs on furniture for a living.  I play around with window lettering when asked to and do stuff for some schools and Churches when they need stuff done but mostly furniture and single use stencils.  Below is a couple of pics of my desk that I designed and finished just so you can get a better understanding of what I do.

desk1_302.jpg

desk3_681.jpg

Next desk make over...

bSp15fzy5T-eHjCY5YW8qOezMKX45_jZ.jpg

W7XQxzJM5z917wn9x62dB7o2I2nzdZt0.jpg

0dKBEwth5j9OSpzm-ZWPzpa5oTFaIQUP.jpg

5Pl0xfCLwT9G6Tb19qxL5ym-CjnbtAPA.jpg

pAI2p6lD1z8GEX6PT2ji0mn2RB66E8lU.jpg

So after you pulled off the decals from the wood after painting, how did you make that wood stand out from the wood stain?  I dont get how you did that last step in your pictures.  It is awesome though.

Wow, you do some amazing work!

I'm definetly going to have to look into this, as my husband is a general contractor and has his own business. I could definetly help out with some of his more custom jobs when the customer really wants to go all out!

I'll have to do alot more research on this, but thank you so much for all the ideas!

Amber