Sign in to follow this  
bk2design

Flexi Starter vs Signcut X2

Ok, I think I want to move on from SBE. I like the fact that signcut has a plug-in for Illy. Any recomendations? How long are the subscription periods on either?

I just ordered a copy of Flexistarter 8.5 from USCutter on ebay today to replace my SBE.  I do all of my graphic work in CorelDraw x4 and Illy CS3.  So I really just need software to cut.  After SBE really went haywire on me the other day while trying to do a large job...I decided it was time to make the switch.

Flexi is a program with in its self and can do a lot more things the signcut. Both programs have their own glam to them.

SignCut X2 works with the Laser Point for contour cutting.

Flexi is a full design software and you have to manually set up the contour cut for the laser point.

Both will cut your designs.

You can contour cut with any plotter, you just have to manually set the plotter on the reg marks.

Disclaimer:

These are just my thoughts and noway should reflect the sales of any soft or company.

Guest Schramm

I just stopped using SignCut X2 when I got rid of my old plotter and now have Flexi8.5 Starter and other than a couple of glitches with Vista which can easily be fixed, there is NOTHING like Flexi IMO!

Anybody know what the subscription period is with the ones from uscutter? The one with the dongle you don't need to keep renewing right?

I just downloaded the signcut trial. Opened up a file in Illy and sent it to signcut and it cut it real quick. Much faster than SBE as far as sending the file to the cutter.

as far as I know,Flexi from US cutter is not subscription...it lasts indenfinately. The Dongle version just means you can install on more than one Computer and take the dongle freom PC to PC to use it.

Flexi has been my main cutting software from day 1. I now have the pro version. Even the starter version,in my opiion, is better than anything out there. I love Flexi.