BlackMesa

You Know What Sucks

Having the PC dump about 4,000 graphics files.

Included vectors that I downloaded here, some templates I did from scratch and general stuff that I'd found that was in a special folder called "Vector Art."

So far I've tried everything I can find to get them back and no dice.  All from moving the folder to a different area of the hard drive.

Well at least the good news is the templates that were done I already have cutter files of, but some of the vectors I did from scratch tee me off.

i feel your pain. that is why i bought me a external hard drive.

sorry to here that.

That's the sad part.  They are on my external hard drive.  Went to move the folder so it was easier to get to since I'm in it so often and it went haywire.............

I just use the external for backups. About once a month I will back up all of my personal files. It's cheap insurance. Costco has a 1TB external hard drive of $149.

That does blow... if you need some graphics, let me know and I could maybe mail you a CD.

firemalt ur so sweet. i purchase a 500 gb external hardrive backed up all my stuff and guess what? lol

it doesn't work. been had it for a year just sitting there in the box. but the killer was i removed them from my hardrive onto this evil device to make room and i'll be. so know i have 7 yrs of data on a non working external hardrive sitting in a box.

I just use the external for backups. About once a month I will back up all of my personal files. It's cheap insurance. Costco has a 1TB external hard drive of $149.

That's what it's mainly used for, but I only have a 40GB hard drive on the PC and I fight to keep open space on it.  I need a new PC bad

you don't need a new pc, just add another hard drive, they are cheap.

bb

You can remove that drive and install it into your PC as a slave drive to see if that works! 50/50 chance that the controller in that external went bad, not the drive itself!!

you don't need a new pc, just add another hard drive, they are cheap.

bb

Actually yes I do.  I do some gaming every once in a awhile and my PC is too much of a lightweight to handle what's coming out these days.

You can remove that drive and install it into your PC as a slave drive to see if that works! 50/50 chance that the controller in that external went bad, not the drive itself!!

The drive didn't go bad, just the folder where all of my graphics are located got whacked out.  From everything I've read, it was due to me trying to move it and I've found the procedure to fix it and went throught the procedure once and it didn't take, so here in a little while I'm going to try again and see it gets fixed............

I don't know what you mean by 'whacked' ...unless you have written over the file,it is still there.Somewhere. You just can't see it. There are several recovery apps out there,some of them free. Everything you put on a hard drive stays there util it is written over.When you delete,all you delete is the shortcut to it.

Guest TracMatt

I just had this happen to me as well.  I lost all the embroidery designs I had been working on for the last year.  I tried recuva and it worked good but most had been written over.  If you are going to try to recover them don't use the computer and if you have to don't save anything on it.

I got "recuva" from geek website.  You might have to google it.  There are tons of them.  Another one is undelete.

Tracee