firemalt

Epson 1400 printer ** GREAT PRICE **

I'd get if if I had the money... Epsons are great printers....

Need to call a friend to see if they want to loan me some cash

IF...it would only print on vinyl!

I thought this printer could print on vinyl?

yeah, that's a sweet price. did u check epson's site?

No, why?

who r u talking fire, anyway sometimes epson has good deals with free ship. that's all no need for alarm :P

Guest fivestar

This printer can print on heat transfers, not on vinyl.  Only a thermal printer can print on vinyl.  They start out at around 10K or so. 

I "assume" this printer takes durabrite ink, I haven't checked into it though.

I'm going to have to do some research here, when I was at the graphics show I was told its the type of ink you use, and there is a place in Canoga Park which sells and refills ink for large graphic printers and they also have the tank set up you can attach to your Epson...

I'm going to did through my stuff and see what I can find..

Guest fivestar

I'm going to have to do some research here, when I was at the graphics show I was told its the type of ink you use, and there is a place in Canoga Park which sells and refills ink for large graphic printers and they also have the tank set up you can attach to your Epson...

I'm going to did through my stuff and see what I can find..

I "think" you may be able to print onto sign vinyl using an Epson with durabrite ink, but it fades in no time.  Again I could be totally wrong on that as I have never checked into it and am only going on remembering seeing a thread on another forum about it.

To print on sign vinyl and for it to last requires a thermal printer, again I could be wrong.

maybe I'm grasping at straws cause I'd like to be able to print right to vinyl even if I had to put a layer of clear over it...

Guest sciondrgn

I use my Epson RX600 to print right on Matt Vinyl then use a layer of clear to protect it..  Ive done a few things so far and they've all held out, I have a decal on a friends car of a rainbow paw print and it still looks great even after about 6 months of being in the sun.

Guest fivestar

scion that's great to hear.  Like I said, I didn't know for sure as I have never checked into printing on sign vinyl.  Now that I know that, I may have to check into it though.  :P