Red Beard

can I just take off those little red buttons!!

Ok, I don't have a manual for my LaserPoint cutter, so I've been guessing on how to set it up. Everytime it goes to cut it either runs off all the vinyl backwards or the laser doesn't stop till it hits the left side red button. I have yet to cut a single thing!

I'm using SignBlazer WinXP.

LaserPoint

How do I get it to STOP shooting itself in the foot and start cutting?!

Where's the best place to set the origin?

Is there a way I can receive a manual?

did u set ur origin? if not here's how i think if it's like the pcut.

press online button to take offline

move the arrows on the control panel that should move ur carriage

move to where u want to start cuttiing

press the plus sign in center of control panel

press online button to put online

Make sure your cutter and software are calibrated.

I would, I don't know how. Is there a calibrate button?

Yes, I have set the origin. I wasn't until I set the origin all the way to the right where it finally missed the red button of the left by a couple of inches (by luck).

The origin should be set..? in the middle of the vinyl? the center?

Ok, I dont know how to use it in the software you have (SB), but I have SignCut X2 and  I went to

Settings> Cutter> Calibrate Cutter. It will tell you it will cut a square, you measure it and input the measures.

I had a problem that my software said a decal was 2" but the cutter was cutting like 12", it was only a calibration issue.

JC

the origin is where u want ur cutter to begin cutting.

also check ur workspace size with ur vinyl size in cutter setup in signblazer.

for instance if ur vinyl is 15in wide and in ur cutter setup the size is 24" and ur vinyl is centered on the machine u set ur origin where u want it to start, well it's gonna measure ur cut area as 24in and run off if ur origin is not set on cutter and in cutter setup in signblazer.

so, do you usually reset the origin for each cut or "sign"?

There is a jog option in the software which only allows it to go one way.. and it doesn't set the origin correctly. I gotta find someone with signblazer to give me some pointers to setting it up so I can get rolling... I can't wait to start drawing stuff up in illustrator and stick them everywhere haha.

Anyone who uses SignBlazer give me a hand on setting this up?

First your LP 24 is 28 or so inches wide. That is so that when you put 24inch vinyl on it your cutter will have room to avoid hitting the left button.Those red buttons prevent the cutter head from slamming into the side of the cutter frame. Position the vinyl 3 or so inches in from the left side, I have the stand on my LP24 and I have one of the circular aluminum stops on the back roller set so my vinyl cannot go closer than 3 inches to the left side. Setup shows the vinyl roll riding on top of the two rollers, but my experience has been much better with poking the rear roller thru the middle of the roll of vinyl. I drop the vinyl over the roller it slides down to the stop, I then reconnect the roller in its stay. Then pull the edge of the vinyl up into the machine and under one pinch roller, go around to the front of the machine and adjust the vinyl till it looks semi straight and set both pinch rollers down. Run your vinyl forward and back using the arrow keys and watch the left side to see if its drifting, and adjust the forward or back a little under the right pinch roller till its straight ( actually since I set the stop on the roller in back I rarely ever have to adjust it) Now I move my cutter head till its over the right corner of the vinyl about a 1/2 inch in from the leading edge,(LP's have a measuring strip next to the cutting strip that will catch the vinyl if you start at the very beginning of the vinyl). In signblazer the cutter moves from the right to the left. signblazer has adjustments if your cutter isn't cutting a 2" letter when you tell it to then adjust it, but mine has been exact on since it came outta the box.

There are many threads on here about setting blade depth and pressure, these are common sense and easy to follow.

I hope this help you get started.