Sign in to follow this  
rip_kurl@hotmail.com

Outlining letters, numbers, and shapes?

Is there anything in Sign Blazer that allows you to outline letters. For example a customer wants the name of his buisness in orange letters, with a navy blue outline around each letter. I am sure its simple but I cant figure out how to do it. Thank you all.

Sometimes it takes alot of trial and error before getting it right though. Unless someone could explain what outline and inline is and how that would make a difference? I can easily tell when I do letters, but If I'm trying to change the width of a boarder...which one do I change?

Outline is on the outside of your object, inline is on the inside. When you click on it there will be a pop-up where you can select which one you want as well as the thickness of it. I personally don't like to remove overlaps that way you can manually punch through (Arrange>Weld>Punch Through) if you want to. The help file is extremely useful if you have the time to just read it...

You want to manipulate the outline.

In the Expand / Outline pop up window, check the box that says "save original",  then set the thickness (in tenths of an inch say) for the width of the "border" of vinyl you want to show around the outside your original text, and the offset to zero.  When you place the original on top of, and centered on the expanded version of the text, this expanded value given in the pop up window for the border is what will show.

If you want an example of the offset value setting, click on the help button in the pop up and refer to the black outline on the bottom example.  The white space between the original text and the black outline is the offset.

Hope that helps-

Kev