Sign in to follow this  
JoeCamaro

Should I leave it in car or not? Temperature Issues

Ok, I got somebody who is going to replace my Refine's Carriage. The thing is that he is my best friend from my hometown (2 hors away from where I live). I am planning to take it there next friday when I get off work. The thing is that it will stay in my car from 7 am till 3:30 pm and it gets hot as hell in here.

Should I do that? Will the temperature affect my Refine?

The thing is that I would stay @ my parent's the whole weekend and then on Monday it would stay in the car again al day long.

Would you recommend that I go there on Staurday and come back on Sunday?

Thanx.

Joe

Guest gracewriter

Wish I could help, Joe.  My thinking is these things are shipped all the way around the world and driven all over the country in all kinds of temperatures.  No doubt they do not haul them in a refrigerated tractor trailor.  Probably would be ok, but I'm not the one who should be answering this question.  I'd hate to see anything go wrong.

Personally, I'd probably leave it in the car just crack the windows a little.  I know in Texas it can get hot enough to blow your windows out if you don't leave them cracked.  I doubt it gets that hot where you live.

Just my 2 cents and probably only worth 1/4 penny.

Grace, I thought the same thing, but I hate to leave electronics in my car. Sometimes you can see me carrying my laptop, psp, camera and mp3 player just cuz I dont like to leave them in the car.

Guest gracewriter

Well, maybe Ken can chime in and give you some advice.  Best of luck.

Gosh, I really have no idea.......

I have not heard of any horror stories with cutters being left in the car on hot days, but I am not sure.

:-

Maybe get a couple of those car window shades/shields to help keep some of the sunlight from getting into the car?  Those are pretty cheap and lower the car temp a bit.

If you decide to leave in car, then be sure to let it sit inside for an hour or so before turning power on.  Give a chance for any condensation to evaporate.  I do same with most every electronic that is not specifically made for portable/travel use.

Guest gracewriter

These are all very good and creative ideas my old brain just couldn't think of.  

But I think my best advice to you is, you need to do whatever will alleviate your stress and give you peace of mind, so you don't sit around for those hours worrying.  Nothing is worth that much worrying over.  So take care of yourself first and take it with you to work or drive the extra whatever you have to so you don't feel stressed out about it melting in the car.  Because I have a feeling no matter what suggestions we lay out for you, you're still going to worry about it....and that's normal, and it's ok.

I mean, think about it.  Not only will you worry the entire time it's in your car, but you will worry for an even longer period waiting around to see if it did any damage.

Personally, I think it'll be ok.  But I'm not you.  You are a unique and caring person, so take care of yourself and do whatever you need to do to lighten up the burden of worrying about this.

Love ya!

Gracie's corner

There was a member, I cant recall his name, that was selling a trailer equiped with a cutter, a pc and many other things. Those were static things and they worked. I bet it was sooo hot in there.

I think it should be fine, but I dont want to risk my cute little baby Refine.

Joe

If you decide to leave in car, then be sure to let it sit inside for an hour or so before turning power on.   Give a chance for any condensation to evaporate.   I do same with most every electronic that is not specifically made for portable/travel use.

Thanx Regis, I didnt know that.

Guest gracewriter

My refine is no baby.  It is a warrior.  Still, I think you should shoot for the peace of mind.