Sign in to follow this  
veddderman123

Unstuck Decals in the sun or heat???

I've got a question?  Yesterday I was bringing some decals over to my friends house and as soon as I got in the hot car I watched the decals roll up and start peeling from the backing.  It was like almost instantly.  The decals looked like crap after that.  The application tape had all kinds of bubbles in it and it looked really bad.  They still stuck and looked fine but if I would have been selling them I would have been really embarrassed.

I use just normal clear application tape and oracle vinyl.  But my question is....  Is there a better application tape to use to prevent this from happening? 

oh yeah.  the temp was hot. 

I'm also concerned cause I'm a mail carrier and when delivering mail it gets REALLY hot outside.  If I'm shipping decals to paying customers I'd hate for them to arrive in the condition those decals were in yesterday.

Guest fivestar

What brand transfer tape you using?

R Tape Clear Choice?  Thats what it says on the inside of the roll.  I don't remember what site I bought it off of.  I'm still pretty new at this..

and using oracle 651 vinyl

i just stuck a decal out in the car for a little experiment ill report back with my findings in a little while  ;D

youre crazy!! dont you realize that its july in the QC?  Temps with heat index have to be close to 150 outside  ;D

of course thats in the shade too right?

swanee........it's been over an hour.....should be barbque'd by now.....[lol]

or maybe there is "nothing" left!!!

OK the decal was 651 oracal with some enduramask from sign warehouse and i left it in the car for a hour and the results were........

DSC02518.jpg

DSC02519.jpg

DSC02520.jpg

DSC02521-1.jpg

Really nothing i was quite surprised so i would say the prob is the clear app tape

yeah, mine looked a lot worse than that. lol  and it happened with in seconds.  I seriously watched it peel and bubble right before my eyes.

I'm getting ready to order some more supplies what transfer tape is recommended?  Hows the enduramask? 

Guest fivestar

Yes clear tape is where the problem lies.  Another reason why I don't like clear tape.  I have never had much luck with clear tape sticking to the vinyl backing paper.

I have been using R-tape Conform and really like it. No tunneling, or edge curl  ;D