flyinsignmonkey

hi all, new guy to the forum

hi my name's tom ive been in the sign business for 30 years my old man was a sign painter and I started when I was 12 lettering at an easil my father put me at. my life in the business has gone thru many incarnations since then. many years working for others, in a few different shops. some huge some small. cutting and making signs of all sizes, I also worked thru the ranks as an installer running an 85' skyhook crane installing all kinds of electric signage big and small.

but I always dreamed of working for myself in my own little shop like my father,  well that time got closer and closer over the last few months as I realized it was time. because of several factors.

I purchased an aerial sign truck several months ago when an awsome oportunity arose, formed my own llc,...  and a few weeks ago left my employer.

ive inked enough contracts and found enough customers to get off the ground and this month it was for a sign with 8' by 16' lexan faces that need to be replaced so, with a deposit in hand my next aquisition was a cutter/plotter.

and here I am in your forum, I got a 48" copam with the signblazer elements and it arrived yesterday

today im trying to get it up and  running. :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Welcome Tom and please post some pics of your work in the future.  We love pictures.  :thumbsup: Also glad to see you are following your dream to own your own shop, sounds like you've got more then enough experience and I'm sure you'll do great.

Be sure and stick around and help out whenever you can.

Guest kenya

Hello Tom & Welcome to the gang !!!!