Sign in to follow this  
rynecoop

NEED HELP FAST NO POWER

ok so I have like 10 jobs to get done, and now the my 24" copam will not power on, there is power to the strip it is plugged into, but the machine will turn on is there a fuse or something I can check, and help is greatly appreciated! I really need to get these jobs done, I cant leave the money sitting on the table.  thanks

ok I got the plotter open, and the fuse is good on the power supply, I checked and there is power going to the power supply, so now I am thinking it is the mother board!  That sucks!!!!!!  Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!!  Someone please help, I need to get this thing working, before my customers go somewhere else

Possibly a motherboard or power supply issue. Have you tried other power cords and outlets?

hey Ken sorry I missed your call, I was out doing an install on the last job I got to cut, I think I have the problem figured out, I am 90% sure that it is the power supply, what are the nessacary steps to get this fixed, I think it is still covered under warrenty, I bought the plotter in october of 2007 if My memory serves correctly. I am totaly comfortable with replacing the part my self, I just want to get this fixed as fastly as possiable. 

Thanks

Quickest way would be to order the part off of our web site, then send the defective one in for a refund of the purchase. Or send back the defective one first, then I will ship you a new one.

Ken, I ordered the part today, and got the overnight shipping.  I will send the old one back as soon as I get the new one replaced, do I need to get an RMA # before i send the bad one back?  IF so could you provide me with an RMA # and I will send it as soon as you give me the go ahead.

Thanks

Ken, I ordered the part today, and got the overnight shipping.  I will send the old one back as soon as I get the new one replaced, do I need to get an RMA # before i send the bad one back?  IF so could you provide me with an RMA # and I will send it as soon as you give me the go ahead.

Thanks

Just write the order number of the new part on the box the defective one is coming back in.